What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose A20 question

wnplt

Well Known Member
I recently bought two Bose A20 headsets. I’m getting almost a warble or bubbly sound when the headset is on and inflight only. I’ve tried them both in two separate planes with the same effect. I have two slightly older Bose A20s that sound perfect. Has anyone witnessed this? At first I thought is was maybe a problem with just one but both are the same so makes me think It’s just the way they are now.

I recently bought two Bose A20 headsets. I’m getting almost a warble or bubbly sound when the headset is on and inflight only. I’ve tried them both in two separate planes with the same effect. I have two slightly older Bose A20s that sound perfect. Has anyone witnessed this? At first I thought is was maybe a problem with just one but both are the same so makes me think It’s just the way they are now.

I have one of each. I have the newer Bose A20 Bluetooth model that works fine. My other A20 is an older non-bluetooth and I've not heard that from that one either.

Is it possible you're dealing with a stereo to mono conversion issue?

I'd be curious what you find along the way.

Funny you should post about that. I just sent one of my A20's back to Bose to be repaired because of this exact issue. Mine only seemed to do it for a few seconds when they first came on but it was getting worse. I assume it was something in the ANR circuitry but who knows. Fortunately my headset was under warranty so they repaired/replaced it and its on its way back to me now.

Yes these are brand new. I’m finding out others are having same problem with latest version.

Funny you should post about that. I just sent one of my A20's back to Bose to be repaired because of this exact issue. Mine only seemed to do it for a few seconds when they first came on but it was getting worse. I assume it was something in the ANR circuitry but who knows. Fortunately my headset was under warranty so they repaired/replaced it and its on its way back to me now.

Let me know if the fix is good if you will.

These are my serial numbers

Attachments

• 359D24B9-6345-4518-88D1-785BDCC5E11A.jpeg
    359D24B9-6345-4518-88D1-785BDCC5E11A.jpeg
    701.1 KB · Views: 199

Steve,

This doesn't sound right. Call Bose Aviation Service or email them. They should replace or repair them if they are defective.

(800) 233-4416 62006
E-MAIL: [email protected]

Brian

I have TWO of the newer Bose A20 headsets for about 4-years. Have never had the warble sound on the Bose A20 but have on other ANR headsets. Been using ANR headsets for 20-years and over 3,000 flying hours in RVs.

I have also owned other brands of ANR headsets. Typically the warble sound on the Lightspeed headsets have been POOR seal on the ear cups to the head. Eye glasses / sunglasses could create a poor seal creating feedback in the ANR circuit. To test if it is poor fit feedback, push the cup tighter to your head when the warble feedback occurs.

Hope this helps.

Back