What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baja squadron pro in RV10 wingtip

TShort

Well Known Member
Anyone had luck installing the squadron pro in a stock -10 wingtip?

I'm redoing the lighting as part of the panel upgrade, and was planning to install the flyleds skinny boards and the squadron pro outboard of that. Paul from flyleds kindly pointed out the -10 tips might not accommodate that, and I've not been able to make it out to the airport to measure yet.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

aeroleds is coming out with an RV10 kit

Aeroleds is developing a wing tip landing light kit for the stock wing tips.

I do not think it is ready today but I believe they have built some kits that they are testing right now so it shouldn't be long

I think it will have wig wag and pulse options

Their most recent brochure shows a scalable system that would allow you to get as little or as much light as you want.

Hi Thomas

You may be in luck, on paper at least!
The green lines are the wing light cove outline, plus the skinny board.
The red square is the size of the Baja light, noting the fact that the Squadron Pro is significantly rounded off in the corners. You would also be mounting this further inside the wing, which gives you a little more room as the wingtip profile grows slightly.
Mount them something like how tgmillso did in post #9 in this thread.

RV10-plus-Bajas.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback. Looks like it might be doable ... I'm gonna look into it more this weekend.

Eulice - could you email me pictures of your install? Photobucket isn't playing nice, and won't even let me access more than the thumbnails. I messaged you my email address.

Thomas

Back