What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Am I missing something?

fabricflyer

Well Known Member
Doing inventory on my finish kit and had two nose gear inter tubes and two main gear inter tubes. Guess I'll have to call Vans in the morning and tell them their mistake.

Nose gear tubes are hard to find locally so Van's just adds an extra one...... You can keep it.

Unless you're very careful assembling the nose wheel halves, you'll probably pinch the tube, as many of us have, so Van gives you a spare.

Best,

Unless you're very careful assembling the nose wheel halves, you'll probably pinch the tube, as many of us have, so Van gives you a spare.

Best,
I am there. Any tricks to get the second tube in without pinching?
It seems that with air or without air, the tube ID is always between the wheel halves. I seem to not have nearly enough fingers to keep it out of the way while I struggle to get the wheel halves close enough together to bolt.

Thanks and best regards to all

Matco wheel???

This is curious to me.
I bought the Grove nose wheel back when they were the only game that had a bearing spacer. Other options are available today.

With the Grove, tube fit on the ID is a non issue. No special attention is needed to assemble.
A bit of talc and everything falls together on its own pretty much.

I would have assumed that the wheel geometry near the tube is very similar between brands simply because of the "size" of the tire. Maybe not. :confused: Is it the Matco wheel that rules this thread about nose tube pinching??

I don't have a picture.

I am there. Any tricks to get the second tube in without pinching?
Thanks and best regards to all

Use 4 woodworking clamps and with the tube inserted squeeze the clamps to pinch the tube inside the tire. You can then move the tire/tube assembly against one side of the rim, until the rim junction can be seen.

Best,

Back