What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Question on posting pictures

Brockster

Well Known Member
I would like to post pictures of my nosewheel axle and tried following Doug's instructions. I believe I uploaded to imageshack ok but I cannot find the yellow button with the mountain and sun over it as Doug describes. When I open or reply to a thread there is no tool bar under the word 'message" just the smilely icons underneath. It says I am not allowed to post attachments when I am logged in. What am I doing wrong and how can I get the control panel to appear with all the icons.

Hello, Paul.

When you are actually typing a message, such as you just did, it can be found just above your words. This graphic should help:

screen1.jpg

It's a tiny mountain with a Sun above it.

Hope this helped.

b,d

It isn't there.

Hi Doug
The tool bar you show just isn't there. I saw the same graphic in the instructions you have posted under insert pics. Even typing this reply it is not there. Can it be turned on and off some how. I've tried looking in my user CP to see if I had it turned off but nothing there seems to relate to it. My reply thread page looks just like your example but no tool bar or tan colored border around the message box. I wish I was more computer savy. Thanks for the help.

Hmmm.

Paul,
What browser (and version) are you using? PC or Mac, etc? Just wondering if you are using a browser that is configured in a way where graphics are disabled. Sorry you're having difficulties with this.

b,d

Brockster said:
Hi Doug
The tool bar you show just isn't there....
Paul, I have no idea why the toolbar is not there, but you don't really need it.

Where you want a picture just type a left bracket [ followed by IMG then a right bracket. Then put the URL of the picture location followed by another left bracket a /IMG and a right bracket.

The picture will show up.

To see the format just choose quote on someone else's post, that has a picture, and look at the html code.

Info you requested

I am a PC and am using windows internet explorer 7, windows xp service pack 2. I will try what n51p said also but still would like to find that tool bar. Thanks again.

Follow up: Larry Pardue I was able to post pictures the way you said. The pictures are a little big but maybe I picked the wrong size on imageshack.

Last edited:
Doug, the toobar in your post has a lot of extra icons in it that I dont have, although I do have the one described. I have tried a right click in the shaded area----and a few other tricks-----that will bring up the options in Windows-------but I cant seem to figure out how to access the icon list in this program.

Paul probably has a toolbar even more different.

How do you customize the toolbar??

Mike S said:
snip...How do you customize the toolbar??
You don't, that I'm aware of!

I've seen a couple of instances where, with people using some versions of Norton, graphics don't show up. Maybe this has something to do with it.

b,
d

Same at work also

Doug,
I have norton anti virus at home but here at work on a completely different system it still doesn't show up. Maybe it something to do with living in the northeast.

Brockster said:
I would like to post pictures of my nosewheel axle and tried following Doug's instructions. I believe I uploaded to imageshack ok but I cannot find the yellow button with the mountain and sun over it as Doug describes. When I open or reply to a thread there is no tool bar under the word 'message" just the smilely icons underneath. It says I am not allowed to post attachments when I am logged in. What am I doing wrong and how can I get the control panel to appear with all the icons.
Brockster,
Under user CP,
Edit options,
Miscellaneous options. In the drop down box choose: "Enhanced interface Full WYSIWYG Editing"

The extra icons should then show up.

-Mike

Thats the ticket

Thanks Mike,
The tool bar shows up now. I always wondered how you guys inserted all the smiles and everything in the threads. This will help alot. Thanks again.

That is it!!

mlw450802 said:
Brockster,
Under user CP,
Edit options,
Miscellaneous options. In the drop down box choose: "Enhanced interface Full WYSIWYG Editing"

The extra icons should then show up.

-Mike
Worked for me.

Thanks Mike

O.K., when I changed to the suggested "Enhanced interface Full WYSIWYG Editing", I lost the spell check function.

And I despreatly need the spul chok funksion.

I find the middle option, "Standard Editor-Extra formating controls" to have the the best combination of features.

YMMV.

Last edited:
Note to Self

Ya know, next time you have a problem, dont forget you have a personal computer expert above you sitting in her room. Remember your Tecki!!!;):) Im always around! haha ps- glad to see you are using smily faces!!!

Back