What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RSVP Belfast ME Lobster Fly-In

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
flyin logo-and-Lobster.jpg

We are hoping for good weather on Sept 19th for the Lobster Fly-in @ KBST. From the early emails it looks like we will have a good turnout of RV’s from Maine and surrounding states.

Photos will be taken of arriving planes. Breakfast will be served from 7:30 – 10:00 ($5.00) by the EAA Chapter 1434, Lunch wagons from 10:00 – 2:00 and the experimental plane awards will be presented at 12:00 noon.

If you are planning to take back Maine Lobsters, please email me with an estimated number of Lobsters average weight 1 ½ pounds each. Off the Hook will prepackage the lobsters for your return flight for $7.50 a pound.

While you are in the area a must is to fly around Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park’s sea shore. The view is spectacular, a few photos from the area.

flyin_acadia.jpg

Hope to see all of our friends and meet new ones!
RSVP – [email protected]

Lobster Fly-In @ KBST Flotilla of Aircraft from Philadephia area

We have a flotilla of aircraft planning to come to the Lobster Fly-in @ KBST from the Philadelphia area. Many are planning on leaving on Friday Morning and a few on Saturday. All are looking forward the Mid-Coast Fly-In being hosted at KBST 19-Sept and plan to bringing back as much Lobster as they can load into their aircraft on the return flight. So far weather is looking good for the event.:)

Two ships from NJ are planning early Sat departure. An RV (or two) from PA will be joining the gaggle.

It looks like we are forecasting good weather and a large group of RVs will be hauling back Lobsters.

Look forward to seeing everyone. Safe travels and smooth air.

Vlad, what time are you guys planning to be wheels up? I would really like to make this trip but I have plans tonight and don't think I can get in the air much before 8am.

Yes, I figured.

I'm really torn. Want to go but not sure I can get there early enough. I may see you there. Have a safe trip.

PS. I just got back from a week in Bar Harbor. The clams and lobster were GREAT!!

It looks like several RVs are already there. Hi Mark :D

Vlad your correct 5 of the RV's came in early and then we did the tour around Acadia.

img_0212.jpg

We had 4 RV12, 1 RV8, and RV9

img_0213(2).jpg

Then off for pre lobste fly-in dinner :)

Better hurry...

We've eaten lobsters for lunch and dinner. At this rate their might not be many left. 😮. See you tomorrow.

Do Acadia National Park

Guys,

You may as well stop in at the Bar Harbor (Bah Hahbah) airport, borrow the airport car and circumnavigate the ring road at Acadia National Park. It's well worth it. If you have more time rent a car, spend a day in the park and climb Cadillac Mountain.

Great Weather and even a better turnout. We had 50 planes visit and over half were RV's :D. This was the first fly in with for Belfast KBST. We had planes coming in on Friday and as late as 3:00 PM on Saturday. The EAA 1434 chapter did a great job organizing the event and we look forward to hosting the Mid Coast Lobster fly-in next year.

KSBT flyin 01.jpg

KSBT flyin 02.jpg

KSBT flyin 03.jpg

KSBT flyin 04.jpg

KSBT flyin 05.jpg

KSBT flyin 06.jpg

KSBT flyin 07.jpg

KSBT flyin 08.jpg

Great visit

We'll do it again next year!! Thanks David and gang for organizing a first class event.

What was the lobster count?

I was in Bar Harbor last weekend and wished I stayed another week to see all the lobsters flying in.

What was the lobster count?

I was in Bar Harbor last weekend and wished I stayed another week to see all the lobsters flying in.

Lobster count was somewhere north of 200 lbs flew out, expecting it to double next year. On the RV count it think we had 24 fly in plus 6 on the field,

Last edited:
1st Belfast Flyin was declared as a complete success! Next year I am arriving a day earlier as smart PA boys did.

... We departed NJ as a flight of two and with a little troubleshooting stop on the way we arrived at Belfast around 10 am.

Met the Governor, his officials and my twin. A KIWI national joined the portrait show...

Had a good time. Chip is trying to locate an instrument in an RV.

Here arrives Aluminum Mistress she brought two.

Governor had a little surprise for me.

Met old friends and made new ones. After departures we made an aerial tour of Acadia.

Laid course to NJ and started turning. Little we knew that we couldn't make it home tonight but that story is for the Bungalow thread.

Thank you guys of Belfast for a great show! We will be back!

Looks wonderful! I tried to depart and 5 am but it was fogged in thick. I hope to make it next year.

It was a great time! Nick, I am sorry that I missed you! Looking forward to doing it all over again next year!

:) CJ

Home Made

I think it's funny on the news video that the announcer calls our planes "Home Made"

wish we could of made it up there but it wasn't in the cards this year. we ate our share of lobster though that week. do to family plans and flying a total of 1,200 miles that week, greenville maine, buffalo ny, and lake placid ny, we will try for next year. nice turn out, nice pics.
F2DA80EE-7D65-4843-B01B-747860DFB301.jpg

8B5CB415-D0C1-45C0-B401-AEB16C605EB0.jpg

E4F3B9C0-E667-4AFA-8715-B40C4A616902.png

2BA09FA9-27C4-4476-B690-27610A7D7C4F.jpg

Vlad,
What is the Governor pumping in to your tank? I have seen that look before, I am concerned!

Vlad,
What is the Governor pumping in to your tank? I have seen that look before, I am concerned!

Well, judging from the color and the price you can figure it out. Not an octane booster but burns hotttt! :D:D

The reason the Guv is smiling like that is because he's pumping out, not in.

That's why gas is so reasonable at BST.

"We cheat every third customer, and pass the savings on to you!"

The reason the Guv is smiling like that is because he's pumping out, not in.

That's why gas is so reasonable at BST.

"We cheat every third customer, and pass the savings on to you!"

Nick, No fuel for now at KBST and our Russian friend wasn't paying attention, that's how I keep flying on the cheap!

Back