What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newbie RV-6A driver

Abbygirl1

Well Known Member
Well guys, I finally found an RV6A. The loan went through today and i will take posession on about May 6. It is a 1998, O320, Sensenich with IFR cert. It is basic IFR, which I will be taking on as an ongoing project. But it is a very good flying -6A. Owned the past 7 or so years by a retired Fedex captain. I'm moving from a Mooney that I put more than 800 hours in. Just can't fight the FAA's regulations anymore. I have a degree in electronics and the Dynon equipment equivalent would be astronomical for a certified airplane. I hope all of you will offer advice and encouragement as i begin this journey. This is like an early Christmas present for me. I have flow my hanger neighbor's RV with the exact same setup and I really like the performance and characteristics of the airplane. For all of you that have spent so many hours building your own, my hat is off to you. Another friend just a few hangers away has finished an RV-7A that would make you drool. So, now to finish paperwork, and eagerly await the arrival of my new bird.:)

pix

I hope this pix comes out OK. And no, the girl doesn't come with the -6A
garv6outsideview_zps172fcc95.jpg.html

Congratulations! I think you're going to love your 6A; they are a great-flying, responsive aircraft, and it looks like you've found a nice one. Make sure you get good transition training or at least a thorough checkout from an experienced "A" driver, and enjoy!

Sweet

Congratulations...we put over 500 hours on ours during the 5 years we had it.

I still maintain that the -6/-6A's are one of the best flying Van's aircraft.

Best,

Back