What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OK has anyone........

dave4754

Well Known Member
done this?

I should have also said that I am working on the canopy framework.

I am building the Canopy framework for my RV 7 and was going well. The front skin is going on however, after riveting a few 30 or so rivets to the support members, i realized it has made it difficult to reach the rivets for the front of the skin attaching to the front of the framework.

Just wondered if anyone else did this and got around it?

Last edited:
Dave,

I am doing a slider so it might not be a good comparison. If I understand correctly, you will need someone to buck the rivets on the top fwd skin.

Pics

Dave,
Do you have any pics to clarify where you are? It sounds like you are working on the tipper frame and running into challenges on the forward edge rivets?
Antony

Thanks

Thanks all for the response, as it the case with this build it took a minute or fifty to realize that if i slid the tungsten bucking bar underneath the attached reinforcement brackets i could accomplish the bucking job.

Just a note to others while building the tipper that you should put the front row of rivets on first then the reinforcing brackets as then all rivets are easy to reach.

thanks again to all who responded.

I didn't use any rivets. I have a light interference fit of the fwd edge of the canopy to the glare shield. I only used glass. No complaints so far, 450 hrs.

Ummm.. Not about the canopy glass..

I didn't use any rivets. I have a light interference fit of the fwd edge of the canopy to the glare shield. I only used glass. No complaints so far, 450 hrs.

I believe he is talking about making the tiptop canopy framework and riveting the canopy skin (Glareshield) to the framework.

Back