What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel tank repair plates

egp8111

Patron
Looks like Vans Tank repair kit is on back order. Does anyone know what thickness the round cover plates are ? I'm trying to get some made.

Thanks
Skip
NC

In stock?

The Vans store shows that the plates T-412 are in stock and available individually, as well as the AD-42-H rivets, separately. But the combined package is out of stock.

Just measured one I have .042

Hello,
I just measured one I have and they are .042. 0.044 with the blue film both sides.

Regards,

Michael

The Vans store shows that the plates T-412 are in stock and available individually, as well as the AD-42-H rivets, separately. But the combined package is out of stock.

This is exactly what I the did last time I fixed a tank. Ordered them individually. 24 rivets per plate.

I have 3 spare covers, rivets, most of a quart of sealant and a Van’s pressure test kit left over from my tank repair this spring. The expiration date on the sealant is September of this year.

All can be yours for the cost of shipping and a promise to do a good deed for a VAF member in need sometime in the future.

PM me with details if you are interested.

Back