What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fly in resort ideas near WNY, W Pa , or Ohio?

dwranda

Well Known Member
I have a 30th wedding anniversary coming up and we hadn't planned on a big trip because of other trips this year. I was wondering if anyone knew of any nice resorts or just nice areas to fly the wife to for a day or 2. I'm a new pilot so don't have a lot of ideas on this subject. I live in Western NY so anything within a 2 hour flight in a 172 would work. Thanks!

Nemocolin in south western PA (PA88). You have to arrange to fly in in advance. They meet you and transport you across the resort to check in.

You can also make a short tour trip to Falling Water, Frank Loyd Wright?s signature work.

Nemacolin

👍👍 won?t be disappointed. However, take plenty of $$$!

Jim Diehl
Lock Haven, Pa
7A

Nemocolin in south western PA (PA88). You have to arrange to fly in in advance. They meet you and transport you across the resort to check in.

You can also make a short tour trip to Falling Water, Frank Loyd Wright?s signature work.

Another Frank Lloyd Wright house, Kentucky Knob, is also nearby, as is Fort Necessity.

Nemacolin

Another vote for Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. Flt 93 Memorial is also nearby. Falling Waters is magnificent.

Nemacolin looks fantastic but wow I could take the 2 of us to Hawaii for 5 days on what it would cost to go there. That's a bit more than I'm looking to spend right now. I'll put that resort in the memory banks for when the plane is done and the kids are out of college.

Bass Islands

Dave, take her out to the Bass Islands in western Lake Erie. Put in Bay is probably your best bet...visit Perry's Monument, the caves, hike around. There are also places to stay on Kelly's Island.

-Andy

Just visited Put in Bay from Frederick, MD (KFDK). 2 hr flight in the RV, great weekend trip for a smaller budget. Beware, no fuel on the field.

Mackinaw Island

David......Google the Grand Hotel on the island.....can?t go wrong for the big 30:) Tht film Somewhere in Time was filmed there.

W95

+1 on Ocracoke and the Castle B&B. We really enjoyed a weekend there. Right now Ocracoke appears to be largely underwater; I expect that it will be while before the airport is back up.

Another favorite is Ocracoke Island (W95). You might want to make sure all is well after the hurricane. Check out the Castle B&B.

Carl

Back