What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What did you do with your RV this Weekend (6/20/2020 - 6/22/2020)

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
...getting'r started.

A little .3 hop up to UNT and back down to Lake Grapevine between storms. Storms Friday night and Sunday morning. Creeks swollen.

VAFDR_01%20Jun.%2021%2010.49-L.jpg

v/r,dr

Last edited:
Primed

Spent a good 7-8 hours prepping and priming the three bottom tail cone skins.

Dimpling is on the menu for today.

Put the deposit down on the engine. 8 weeks and I'll have the equivalent of a new Tesla sitting in a box in my garage.

Replaced my Slick impulse coupled mag with a Surefly EIS. Works great!:)
RV-7A N57LW. Aero-Sports Power O-375

Last edited:
FlyLED install

Installed my 4 FlyLED singles that I built up to replace my existing halogen bulbs. I now have two landing and two taxi lights that throw out some serious white lumens. Looking forward to flight testing them and gaining night currency for my 7. Easy project and great support from Paul and the FlyLED team from down under!

Hand flew a bunch of instrument approaches early Sunday morning when the air was nice and I had pretty much all the airspace to myself, grocery store on the way home, got back just in time for Zoom church service.

Took the two year old for his first "$100 hamburger" at wings cafe @ BRD. It was his first solo flight with dad; he had to catch some ZZZs on the way home with his full belly. not a bad way to spend father's day afternoon!

20200621-131346-1.jpg

Installed "New & Improved" nose strut on my RV-12 per Van's SB. Something like twelve hours work spread over four trips to the hanger.

Awesome!

Took the two year old for his first "$100 hamburger" at wings cafe @ BRD. It was his first solo flight with dad; he had to catch some ZZZs on the way home with his full belly. not a bad way to spend father's day afternoon!

20200621-131346-1.jpg

That is fantastic!!! Enjoy these moments they pass by SO fast. Super cute little "MiniMe" you have there!

Back