What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ollie Washburn

longranger

Well Known Member
Ollie Washburn, an RV-6A driver and the host for the Love's Landing Fly-ins (and my Dad's next-door neighbor when Dad was still there) passed away last week (Tuesday, I think) after a short illness. I haven't seen an obituary, but Ollie himself posted on Facebook on Christmas Eve that he had been in the hospital since Monday that week and was not feeling well. Then last Tuesday condolences on his loss started showing up.

Ollie and Loreen hosted my Dad's Celebration of Life in 2008 and for that I and my family will always be grateful.

My condolences to Lorene & the family.

I always enjoyed the Loves Landing flyin Ollie & Lorene hosted.
They were the early ambassadors for the Florida RV group.

RIP Ollie.

Obituary

The funeral home web site includes his obituary. His memorial service was held on Monday, January 4. I never met him, but I do remember a pleasant email exchange with him several years ago. My sympathies to all who knew him.

P.S. From the funeral home web site: "In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to The American Heart Association."

Last edited:
Our sincerest condolences

Our sincerest condolences go out to Lorene and family for the passing of Ollie. We will always look upon him as a friend and he will never be forgotten by anybody who attended his BBQ at Loves Landing. Peace and blue skies be with you Ollie, you will be missed.

Back