What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Officially a repeat RV builder...

cjensen

Well Known Member
I just took possession of kit number 1184, a completely untouched 4 tail!

B19CAE5D-A6DB-49E2-B144-2D3307DA62D2_zpslf3s10j5.jpg

I'm excited about this on as it represents a great spot between today's pre punched kits and a plans built airplane.

Let the winter project fun begin!! Good to be back...:cool:

AWESOME news, Chad!! I'll be looking forward to following your progress on this one as well. :)

Good news Chad... Make it a Fast Back. I have the paper templates in my office. :eek: Oh, and no need to count rivets... right? :D

Now THAT'S a complete kit - even came with a bottle of beer to help you with the inventory.....

Thanks everyone! I need to get my build bench and jig set up in that space, but I do plan to do a website...and count the rivets! :D

Hooo yahhhh

My number is #2750. It's a lot of work, you will build a plane, not "assemble" a plane. Mine is 200HP, whirlwind 150C prop, and I bury the VSI at 4K FPM(solo and light on fuel), TAS at 9,500 is 189kts (23" map, 2500 rpm, 11 gpm). It is soooo muchhhhhh fun. Get it done!

S/N 1184

Chad -

My -4's S/N was 1136 from early 1985. I'm guessing that yours was not too far behind, as way back then 4's were the "hot ticket" item!

David Howe

Repeat Builder?

Would I be classified as a repeat builder? I am working toward getting my airworthiness certificate for my 9A but am working on a RV12 in my garage as well. I own the 9A but not the 12 so maybe not.

Back