What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My new 7A

McPilot

Just took delivery today. Thanks to Tom Berge for pre purchase help and Michael Karatsonyi for getting the plane through customs and ferry pilot!

FullSizeRender%204_zps7d6ev1gp.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. Very nice! Enjoy your new airplane.

On another note, I would strongly suggest getting into the habit of disconnecting the tow bar once you have moved the airplane. This may help prevent a takeoff with it connected or prevent prop/engine damage.

Thanks for the advice.... That was a photo from the previous owner..

Here is one from today:

IMG_6718_zpshx1tozhg.jpeg

congrats

Great looking bird! Do you have any panel pictures?
Tom helped me on my 7A purchase too. Enjoy!

Here you go...

watermarked_6ececf047229667c3c95a54d0d0f7028_zpsd1xdklkx.jpg

Disclaimer: This is from the previous owner. There is no tow bar attached in this photo.

Disclaimer: This is from the previous owner. There is no tow bar attached in this photo.

Are you sure it isn't the tow bar attached warning light? Kidding of course... Congrats on the purchase, that is a great looking plane!

border hopper?

Mike, nice ship!
...there just HAD to be a story behind the reg. marks....
so it was built in '08 in the US, then came north in 2014, and lucky Leo got his name on the registration!
...now she's going south again...I hope the reg marks are vinyl! :rolleyes:

ditto on the tow bar....I have tripped over mine a few times, that was enough to get me to remove it. It's either in the baggage, or I leave it in plain view of the pilot.... before I taxi!!!!

Mike, nice ship!
...there just HAD to be a story behind the reg. marks....
so it was built in '08 in the US, then came north in 2014, and lucky Leo got his name on the registration!
...now she's going south again...I hope the reg marks are vinyl! :rolleyes:

ditto on the tow bar....I have tripped over mine a few times, that was enough to get me to remove it. It's either in the baggage, or I leave it in plain view of the pilot.... before I taxi!!!!

Hi there Perry and thank you. Here are the photos of the removed registration number. The numbers peeled off in a matter of minutes. Disclaimer: There is no tow bar attached.

IMG_0943_zpsmtkqjmzz.jpg

IMG_0942_zps5wqkpdha.jpg

It was an experience bringing the plane south over the border, but well worth it.

Congrats. Plane looks awesome. I have a 7A with the targa strip like yours. What is the black square at the back corner of your canopy on the targa strip? I love mine. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do.

Thanks! I am not sure what you are referring to? The canopy is tipped open so it may have something to do with that..

Back