What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-866B Upper baggage bulkhead mod

xblueh2o

Well Known Member
Finished my gear tower mod. Thinking about the next mod. Show me pics of how you modified your baggage bulkhead to allow access to the back of your instruments.
Also, just what are these for? Going through my build manual auditing the QB and so far I have not seen these use mentioned.
IMG_2858_zpsnjdw2upl.jpg

One set of holes is used to connect that bulkhead to the firewall under the hinge of the baggage door. The other set isn't used.

The holes on your right (airplanes left) are for the F-873G hinge support for the baggage door, the ones on the right.. I don't think they are used.
Cheers,
Hugh

baggage bulkhead

seems to be a perfect place to put fuse blocks. I put a hinge on the lower edge, set so that the "door" would open only 90 degrees. I have plenty of room for fuses that I do not need to access immediately.
Some would argue that all fuses need to be immediately accessible. I think that proper architecture will require few fuses, or circuit breakers, to be so accessible.

Back