What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Complete dual-EFIS VFR panel electrical schematic

vlittle

Well Known Member
I have posted the complete electrical schematic for my Harmon Rocket.

http://www.vx-aviation.com/sprocket/photos/panel_elec/schematics/

There are a lot of notes in the schematic, intended to capture some of the design nuances. It represents the entire electrical system schematic from nose to tail.

You can use for educational purposes, or modify and use it at will.

Panel-Final-RevB.jpg

Cheers,

Last edited:
Well done!

Well Done, Vern! I use SCH for my panel drawings as well, but yours are the most detailed and thorough that I have seen to date. You've also created several nice components that I now plan to shamelessly copy/paste. How many hours of work into this drawing, may I ask?

More than one and less than a thousand. Probably several hundred or so over 5 years.

Last edited:
I've added some educational design notes to be used to help clarify my reasoning for some of the design features

I do plan on providing information for the full Bluetooth cellphone interface. Right now, only Bluetooth music has been tested along with the wired cell phone and music interfaces. Bluetooth cell phones will require some custom hardware development so stay tuned.

http://www.vx-aviation.com/sprocket/photos/panel_elec/schematics/C-GVRL%20Electrical.pdf

Enjoy

Last edited:
Excellent Electrical System Schematic Diagrams

Vern, thanks for posting these schematics. I have completed the wiring of my RV-9A, but all of my diagrams are hand drawn on 3-ring binder paper. One of my jobs after the aircraft goes out to the hangar will be to redraw the circuits using ExpressPCB. Your schematics and design notes will make that job very much easier.

PS: I thought I was the only Canadian to own both the C-F and the C-G versions of the same registration marks, but I see now that there are at least two of us!

Lars

Vern, thanks for posting these schematics. I have completed the wiring of my RV-9A, but all of my diagrams are hand drawn on 3-ring binder paper. One of my jobs after the aircraft goes out to the hangar will be to redraw the circuits using ExpressPCB. Your schematics and design notes will make that job very much easier.

PS: I thought I was the only Canadian to own both the C-F and the C-G versions of the same registration marks, but I see now that there are at least two of us!

Lars

I haven't used the wrong call sign yet, but it will happen eventually.

Thanks,

I have updated the posts in this thread to reflect an update in the revision number of the schematics.

I also added pdf files to the linked folder to make it easier to browse without installing the schematic reader app.

Vern

I also used ExpressSCH for all my schematics, then printed to PDF and downloaded them to my iPhone (along with every other installation and user manual for the entire plane), so I always have them with me. Also made a DVD with all the Van's plans from their CD and all those documents and stuck it in the plane, just in case.

"Be Prepared", as the scouts say :)

Back