What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CHT EGT And Firewall penetration

Doug94

Well Known Member
1. Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of how they ran the CHT and EGT wires? I am struggling with going over or under the pipes and where and how the wires were held away from them. I know they are protected with the metal sheathing but any pictures would be helpful. Also my firewall is getting real crowded;
2. does the hole for the passage of the engine monitor wires need to be below the front storage shelf or are people bringing wires through there.

Thanks ....

RV8 -

Doug

RV-6A, O-360 installation

Does anyone have any suggestions or pictures of how they ran the CHT and EGT wires? I am struggling with going over or under the pipes and where and how the wires were held away from them. I know they are protected with the metal sheathing but any pictures would be helpful. Also my firewall is getting real crowded;

Mine is a -6A so can't help with second question but I have pictures of routing I used for CHT and EGT wires in the engine area posted at link below. These are prior to 1st flight pictures so I made some changes since then, in particular with change in ignition harnesses and securing those to the valve covers but the EGT and CHT wiring is still routed pretty close to as shown and is working fine at close to 250 hours.

Web page with some pictures and descriptions is at:

http://rv6aproject.ckhand.com/panelAndElectrical/electrical/electricalPg3.htm

Right side:

EGT-CHTwiring001.JPG

Left side:

EGT-CHTwiring003.JPG

Back