What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Team AerodyUFO?

ronrapp

Well Known Member
I'm not sure how to link to a section of a video, but the latest AOPA Live episode closes with the story of a guy who swears he saw a UFO -- and has video to prove it.

He describes the UFO as a "perfect V", and the strobe pattern on his vido is pretty familiar to anyone who's seen Team Aerodynamix's night show. The conspiracy theorist? Not convinced. But I thought you guys might like to know that even the tinfoil hat types give your formation flying a "perfect 10". :)

--Ron
mod edit. Link here

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how to link to a section of a video, but the latest AOPA Live episode closes with the story of a guy who swears he saw a UFO -- and has video to prove it.

He describes the UFO as a "perfect V", and the strobe pattern on his vido is pretty familiar to anyone who's seen Team Aerodynamix's night show. The conspiracy theorist? Not convinced. But I thought you guys might like to know that even the tinfoil hat types give your formation flying a "perfect 10". :)

--Ron

Since the Team is in Memphis (as well as the Blues, I think), I will comment.
We all found it a bit humorous and complimentary ("perfect V").

Unfortunately, due to a network overrun of something else (I think), the opening sequence (National ANthem + Team AeroDynamix flyover) did not make national TV. So this was the first TV reference to the event that we saw.

Being in this flight as well as the one Bill mentions in a post here, it is interesting to hear the "UFO" stories after the flight. During the flight, being a "UFO" is probably the last thing on al of our minds! :)

James

--Ron

Ron,
Thanks. Yes that was our team as CB mentioned. That was my favorite part too. SO perfect is could not have been planes in formation. Too funny. My biggest thumbs down was the military comment. Cant win them all. believe you are looking for this link.

Last edited:
Now, that was funny. The guy still isn't convinced it was "military" planes! Send him a demo video!

Imagine if the reporter had told him those were 12 different "home made" airplanes flown by a realtor, a financial planner, a project engineer...!

Gotta admit that was the sort of video that used to make the hairs stand up on the back of my neck when I was a kid watching UFO sighting shows on TV.

It's unfortunate that you didn't get the credit, but it was still a great compliment!

Back