What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CFI for BFR in Los Angeles

jtrusso

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of a CFI in the Los Angeles area that will do a BFR in an RV or Glasair? My regular CFI has retired amd I can't find another willing to do a BFR in my plane.

Thanks!

I fit the bill :). Love the RV series and have given dual in all the two seat models. :) Based at SNA. Give me a ring! 714-743-0360 or email "Ron at Rapp dot org"

Ron

Try Ron Rap here is his web page - http://www.rapp.org/ (this is another email [email protected])
I have used him for many years. He is a great dude and a fine pilot and CFI. He is experienced in RV's. I believe he is also on the SoCal RV list.

I second the recommendation for Ron. I've only flown with him once on an aerobatic "stage check" in a decathlon (about 5 or 6 years ago), but he's definitely a great instructor and great guy.

Skylor
RV-8, N808SJ

Hi would also like to recommend Ron for flight training. When my RV-7 was delivered, he spent the day getting me checked out and we flew from Livermore (NorCal) to John Wayne (SoCal). Great day. Thanks Ron!

Mike, Skylor, Jeff:

Thanks for the kind words! And I'm glad to keep in touch with you guys and know you're still enjoying the RVs! :)

--Ron

Back