What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Congratulations to Team Aerodynamix

Aviation History in the making...

Throughout life we're presented a few special opportunities to witness historical events - but at the time we generally don't fully appreciate the historical significance of what we've just seen. Take note...

Team Aerodynamix is making aviation history right before our very eyes, and their name says it all... "Team" - never before have I witnessed teamwork at this level; "Aerodynamix" - unique, never before seen, precision team aerobatics and innovative choreography.

Team Aerodynamix.... You Rock!!!

Last edited:
Very true. I've seen a lot of formation flying, aerobatic competition, airshow performances, military demos, and everything in between, but Aerodynamix is something unique and special.

I didn't note this when I wrote the original post, but with the negative effects of sequestration on the industry, they help put the big spectacle back into these shows. I think the airshow biz would be much poorer without them (this year especially!).

Congrats, guys.

--Ron

I have gotten tired of 50 inverted spins or hard core snap rolls that current aerobatics performers are doing in their shows. Team Aerodynamix is very enjoyable to watch and amazed and what they can do with an airplane "you build in your garage". The team work and precision are also exquisite. Puts the fun back into watching airshows.

Very true. I've seen a lot of formation flying, aerobatic competition, airshow performances, military demos, and everything in between, but Aerodynamix is something unique and special.

I didn't note this when I wrote the original post, but with the negative effects of sequestration on the industry, they help put the big spectacle back into these shows. I think the airshow biz would be much poorer without them (this year especially!).

Congrats, guys.

--Ron

Ron,

Enjoyed your blog and want to thank you for the kind words. We're just a bunch of ordinary guys, having fun and trying to make a difference. Glad you enjoy the show. Come say "hello" next time you're at one of our venues.

I'm a subscriber to your blog now!

Thanks for subscribing! I'll definitely stop by and say hello. It's nice to see you guys appearing at so many non-aviation events like the football game flyover (I think it was football...), etc. Everyone's got a smartphone now, so as soon as they hear 'Team Aerodynamix', I bet a few hundred people get an education about who you are and what a civilian is capable of building and doing!

"Who are those guys?"

They're guys (and gals) just like us, who labored to create these great little machines and exact the maximum performance from them. Absolutely Amazing!

Hats off to you!

That kind of flying makes me proud just to be a pilot. It is absolutely beautiful flying by a group of hard working, dedicated pilots in their little "homemade" airplanes. Good Job.

Congrats, guys.

--Ron

Great article Ron! Thanks for sharing the RV world with the rest of GA.

Back