What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Sport 10.1 Setup

caryr

Well Known Member
Patron
I have just installed the EFIS.

Not even flown yet. So, I am a pure rookie. I'm at the stage of sitting in the plane punching buttons and scratching head.

I have an external GPS with flight plan capabilities inputting to the Sport.

How do I use the internal ENAV in the EFIS? It seem to take a 'back seat' to the external input.

I can change the Flight Plan priority in the Setup page and go to Internal only and the Flight plan works OK in the EFIS.

I was expecting to be able to use either without isolating my IFly pad from the flight planning

and I am only marginally sure that this question makes since.

I did find that you can 'copy' the flight plan from the external source and cause the banner to turn blue, indicating internal ENAV is controlling the AP. But it still doesn't allow editing that flight plan.

RE: GRT EFIS Flight plan

You have pretty much have figured out the answer to your question.

The GRT EFIS can support two GPS inputs. In the SETUP menu (ref Section 8.7 in the Sport User Manual) you must select (assign) for each GPS if it will use its own EXTERNAL flight planning capability (like a GNS430 that can do LNAV/LPV approaches) or the use INTERNAL flight plan (ex: like the GRT Safe fly 2020 GPS). After selecting this in the Set Up menus your done. I suppose in flight you could go into the Set Up menus and change the configuration but that is kinda messy.

In operation you select either GPS 1 or 2 for how you want to navigate. I prefer using the internal flight option as it is very easy to use the GRT Blue Tooth app on my Android phone to build flight plans off line and then load it to the EFIS from my phone. I have a Garmin GNS 430 but creating flight plans is pretty clunky compared to the GRT internal flight plan menus.

I got this from Jeff at GRT, for those using external flight plan input

If you have a single GPS input and want to use both external and internal plans you can use the "Virtual GPS2" function. Configure the iFly as GPS1 with GPS1 Flight Plan Source set to External. Then configure GPS2 Flight Plan Source as Internal. Turn on Virtual GPS2, the next setting down. This will give you GPS1 and GPS2 modes on your NAV MODE button. The EFIS will copy the iFly position data to the GPS2 mode, but replace the flight plan with the internal one. GPS1 will follow the iFly flight plan and GPS2 will follow the internal flight plan.

Last edited:
Back