What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Funny Conversation...

danielhv

Well Known Member
Them: "Thank you for calling ACS Industries this is Rich"

Me: "Hey Rich, Im trying to find a local source for some parts, don't have much, just a couple of AN fittings... do you guys stock those?

Them: "We sure do, whatcha looking for?"

Me: "How 'bout an AN819-6D?"

Them: "Ok, how many do you need?"

Me: "Just two of those for now..."

Them: "What are you building an airplane in your backyard??"

Me: "No... hahaha, its in the garage!"

Them: "Oh.... ok.... well we have a $50 minimum, so they are $25 each..."

Me: "Thanks for your time!"

lol! Kind of a jerk the way he said some of that! :D

That's why his name is "Rich" $$$$$

Seriously though, a not small customer friendly policy is a perfect example of what you would experience a thousand times over if you were to source all the items to build a RV. We are very lucky Vans has guys who do the buying (in bulk) for us.

Serious question, so sorry if it offends...

Why wouldn't you just order from Van's? I know they aren't a "parts dealer', but chances are, if it's for an RV, they have it. Is it shipping costs? I think it's wise to give them our business regardless.

Again, just wondering, not knockin' ya.

Joe

Serious question, so sorry if it offends...

Why wouldn't you just order from Van's? I know they aren't a "parts dealer', but chances are, if it's for an RV, they have it. Is it shipping costs? I think it's wise to give them our business regardless.

Again, just wondering, not knockin' ya.

Joe

I believe he was inquiring for a local place to buy a few items here and there instead of having to wait for shipping. I've done the same here in Phoenix.

find a local speed shop

I've had some very nice braided hoses made. Assembled for the price of the parts. Counter service. Nice.

Not necessarily aircraft grade

FYI: just cuz it looks like aircraft stuff doesn't mean it is. Cut vs rolled threads, thread profile, various radii, wall thickness, alloy, etc. are just some of the variables. The real aircraft stuff is stamped as such. I'm not saying the hotrod stuff is bad, but you don't really know.

Back