What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ground adjustable rudder pedal nut should be AN320?

kens_cockpit

Well Known Member
Right then. Now that I'm building this aeroplane again I'm going to address all of the little queries that got me bogged down in the first place.

Plan OP-3 for the ground adjustable rudder pedals on the Plan View calls for the following hardware to attached the WD 820 to the WD426 pedals:
AN24-31 Clevis bolt
AN960-416 Washer
AN310-4 Nut
MS24665-208 Cotter Pin

That hardware is contained in the kit I received.

But with the washer attached the nut covers some of the hole in the clevis pin so I can't get the cotter pin through. Even with the washer removed, the nut hits the end of the thread before the hole in the clevis pin is uncovered enough to get the cotter pin through.

The Standard Aircraft handbook 6th edition p248 says that an AN320 shear nut should be used with the AN24 clevis pin. Looking at the pictures the AN320 appears to be much "narrower" than an AN310 and the problem would likely be solved.

I think I'm going to order the AN320-4 shear nut.

But before I do I just wanted to check that I'm not missing something else that I have done wrong which might cause this problem.

Has anyone else found this?

Back