What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aft Cabin Cover Screw Size?

Lt Dan

Well Known Member
I am not a builder, but my RV-8 came with the construction manual. I do not, however, have the associated drawings. I did not see a way to download them from Van's. I believe someone with these drawings should be able to help me out fairly easily.

I recently removed the panels to the left and the right of the rear seat passenger's hips to access my seat belt attach points. To be more specific, these are the panels which on the left, when removed, exposes the flap motor. From reading the construction manual, I believe these are the F-876-1 Aft Cabin Covers (though, without drawings, I could be mistaken).

My question is, what screws and washers are specified for installing these panels? There are about ten of them on each side.

I ask because when I removed them I found that of the 20 or so screws, I had about four different lengths, some with nylon washers, and some without, and it drives me nuts. I have little doubt that if one needs a washer, they all should have them. And it seems likely that they all should probably be the same length screw. Anyone now the exact type and size? I would like to replace them all with the correct ones.

Come to think of it, my wheel pants suffer from the same ailment...

Thank you kindly for supporting my OCD.

Dwg 79, lower right corner, circular inset

AN515-8R8, no washers.

This is what the plans say.

I think that nylon washers won’t hurt there and protect the paint.
Your call, after all.

Attachments

• 43A9212D-ED42-42A7-B4F6-A23D2F69C024.png
    43A9212D-ED42-42A7-B4F6-A23D2F69C024.png
    270.6 KB · Views: 89
Back