What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Kavlico fuel pressure sensor

Hornet2008

Well Known Member
Hi All
I have an injected engine and are running the above 50psi fuel pressure sensor, part # P4055-50253. I can only get them to last about 6 months. Replaced last Dec 2018 and are getting fuel pressure messages again. Saw 47psi with the boost pump on today. This will be the third since May last year. Anyone else experiencing this or am I the lucky one? Suggestions?

Hi All
I have an injected engine and are running the above 50psi fuel pressure sensor, part # P4055-50253. I can only get them to last about 6 months. Replaced last Dec 2018 and are getting fuel pressure messages again. Saw 47psi with the boost pump on today. This will be the third since May last year. Anyone else experiencing this or am I the lucky one? Suggestions?

I had a similar problem for the oil pressure and it was suggested by Dynon that I take the ground directly to the battery and it fixed it (the previous sensor actually worked.) I am not sure if this would be the same but it might be worth a try.

John

Hi All

3 failed sensors tells me it's not the sensors...either something in your wiring is breaking them, or they're not failed at all and your wiring is causing incorrect signals to the EMS.

3 failed sensors tells me it's not the sensors...either something in your wiring is breaking them, or they're not failed at all and your wiring is causing incorrect signals to the EMS.

That?s the same thing as I suggested in a phone call to him, it is not the sensors.;)
Hopefully he?ll post the result of more troubleshooting soon.

Hi all.....after experiencing fuel pressure warnings I removed the plug to the Kalvico sender and re installed it.. unplugged and plugged it in again. Nothing since. So if I am ever on life support anytime in the future I would expect someone to unplug me and plug me in again to see if that works. In the end a simple, cheap fix. I like them. Thanks Jake.

I was having the same problem with my fuel pressure sensor...went through 2 in as many months...it would fail when I turned on the boost pump. The Kavlico sensor will fail internally if subjected to even momentary pressures above it's rating. Dynon recommended I go to a sensor with rating of the highest expected pressure plus a buffer. Went to the 101692-000 (75psi) pressure sensor and no problem for 4+ years now. The price is the same for all the fuel pressure sensors, so I think the only drawback might be a difference in resolution. Woody.

Hi All

Hi all.....after experiencing fuel pressure warnings I removed the plug to the Kalvico sender and re installed it.. unplugged and plugged it in again. Nothing since. So if I am ever on life support anytime in the future I would expect someone to unplug me and plug me in again to see if that works. In the end a simple, cheap fix. I like them. Thanks Jake.

Hi Pete, glad for you the problem is solved. I?d guess the problem was the connector ?pins? - for anyone else having similar issues it may be worth swapping the connectors or replacing them, the ?pins? are available if you want to just replace them.:)

Jake Jansen

I?m having a similar problem. If you guys could click on this thread and possibly give me some insight on what to check next.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=175496
I listed my findings in the last post in this thread and answered the questions and performed the suggested fixes and recommendations that some people said to try. I?m still trying to find the culprit of my fuel pressure and fluctuation problem.

Back