What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Anti-Splat Video!!!!

PerfTech

Well Known Member
.... We have just released a new product that you are going to really like.
We also have the video up now for viewing! Please go have a look see and
pleas let us know what you think https://antisplataero.com/products/easy-exit-bar
We have them for 6,7, &9 A models, in stock now for shipping. Thanks, Allan..:D

Last edited:
always inventing

Allan, I am not surprised you welded up another bit of steel for us A owners.
Your mind is never at rest... I suspect.
I have nice covers for the top of the gear weldment.... came with the interior. Though, I have never used them, since I brace my foot at the top to get in and out. Maybe now, I can cover them up and it will look nicer.
(not to be the spell check fanatic... but you might change heal to heel, as in the back of your foot.)
Anyway, well done. I suspect many will sell and few will get returned.
Do you suppose painting with wing walk is a good idea?
Cheers,
Nick

wow!

:eek:...OK Mistakes fixed. Thanks for pointing out my typos, and the fact
that I obviously didn't pay enough attention in 2nd & 3rd grade spelling.
Thanks, Allan..:eek:

Fuel pump?

Interesting. Will it clear the high pressure fuel pump used with fuel injection? The pump is mounted just forward of the fuel selector and looks like it is high enough vertically to interfere with the foot bar.

This is great! I have a couple friends in their 70s that really struggle getting out of my -7A. If I had a -7 and could not do this mod, they would eventually have to stay on the ground. NOT cool.

Well done, Allen!

Anyway said:
….These are aluminum, and will stay looking nice. You could paint or anodize
these if so desired, but I think the scratches from use would really show at
that point. It goes in and out so easy, I would just install and use the bar as is
and in the event that it ever starts to show wear, just remove it and address
the paint at that time. Thanks, Allan...:D

Last edited:
Interesting. Will it clear the high pressure fuel pump used with fuel injection? The pump is mounted just forward of the fuel selector and looks like it is high enough vertically to interfere with the foot bar.

Doesn't look like it would clear the aux-pump doghouse for the fuel injected models.

Also - following the installation instructions in the video exactly and putting the same nut back on the same bolt with this additional material in the stack-up could result in less than the Vans-required one full thread protruding beyond the nut. You can see an example of what might be inappropriate thread protrusion at 2:57 in the video. If required, a new, longer bolt would solve this issue (but would require taking weight off the gear leg).

Last edited:
Allan, foot bar doesn?t appear to work with fuel injection dog house that is just in front of the fuel tank selector.

Back