What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Suppliers of akzo primer

Av8rRob

Well Known Member
So Spruce is out of stock and Graco supply now has a $250 min order. Any other options? Preferably on the left side of the country.

Skygeek in New York?

Phil B
Salt Lake City
RV-10 - finishing

oops - sorry, not exactly left, but there you go....

When I bought Azko from Skygeek the product shipped from a major aviation supplier in Dallas. I was very surprised when it showed up on my doorstep the next day.

SKygeek is sometimes surprising that way. I've had sudden delivery and slow delivery. But all in all, excellent service.

Dave

Akzo

So Spruce is out of stock and Graco supply now has a $250 min order. Any other options? Preferably on the left side of the country.

I?m looking to buy some too.. where are you located? I was going to buy from spruce a while ago, and I?ve seen them be out of stock, then they get some east and west, then they go out of stock. I wouldnt worry about it, they?ll get it again. I?m in Las Vegas if you are close and want to split an order from Graco..

I?m looking to buy some too.. where are you located? I was going to buy from spruce a while ago, and I?ve seen them be out of stock, then they get some east and west, then they go out of stock. I wouldnt worry about it, they?ll get it again. I?m in Las Vegas if you are close and want to split an order from Graco..

Im ouside of Sacramento. Ill look into options and let you know.

Did you call them and talk to a live person? I remember this same min order 5 yrs ago, but when I called and explained I'm an airplane builder, they hemmed and hawed but did my order anyway. They do a lot of EAB orders for this stuff.

With shipping its pretty close to the 250 limit anyway, so if you gotta push to a manager to get some common sense then do it. I've found their stock to be super fresh, and not so with Spruce's stock. Could have been an aberration.....

Another item youre gonna need is a 3M scotchbrite debur wheel, and thats a $75 item they might also have and bam your over the limit. Same with scotch brite maroon scrub pads that you wanna buy by the box, so there are a few things you could get from them.....

You can still find white one at West Marine, it's called "Interlux Epoxy Primekote". Sadly, the two recommended thinners are not available in California anymore, but can be ordered online. Or make your own thinner, it's not fussy about organic solvents.

I called Graco and they said that the $250 min order started in May. They did say we can make up a purchase order for two of them and they will split the cost and ship to our different addresses. PM me if you are interested in doing this. Skygeek is asking $250 plus shipping 😳

just got two kits Saturday

I just picked up two 2 gallon kits on Saturday from ACS west. They had several in stock. I asked since I was considering buying two more.

Yup I see Gracos price went up a lot too. I just ordered from Spruce, East is expected back in stock next week.

Yeah, unfortunately the lady I spoke to a Graco was kinda nasty too. So I just bought a few cans of SEM to finish my last bits.

Did you call them and talk to a live person? I remember this same min order 5 yrs ago, but when I called and explained I'm an airplane builder, they hemmed and hawed but did my order anyway. They do a lot of EAB orders for this stuff.

With shipping its pretty close to the 250 limit anyway, so if you gotta push to a manager to get some common sense then do it. I've found their stock to be super fresh, and not so with Spruce's stock. Could have been an aberration.....

Another item youre gonna need is a 3M scotchbrite debur wheel, and thats a $75 item they might also have and bam your over the limit. Same with scotch brite maroon scrub pads that you wanna buy by the box, so there are a few things you could get from them.....

I spent some time on the phone with Graco Monday and they would not waive the $250 min order.

Back