What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN 625 Promotion for New G3X Customers

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
We are very pleased to announce a GTN 625 promotional deal for new G3X and G3X Touch customers.

gtnpromo.png

This exciting deal gives new G3X customers the option to purchase a GTN 625 system complete with installation kit, data card and antenna for just $5495! As an example, customers can purchase all the equipment required for a core 10.6" G3X Touch with approach certified GPS capability for less than $12,000!

The GTN 625 gives the ability to file and fly IFR enroute, shoot LPV approaches and execute other GPS based procedures completely coupled to the G3X autopilot. Other great features include:

• 2020 ADS-B Out compliant solution when combined with the GTX 23 ES or other Garmin extended squitter transponders
  • Take-off / Go-around (TO/GA) button integration with G3X, allowing you to automatically sequence into the missed approach procedure while remaining coupled to the autopilot
  • Fantastic Garmin Connext capabilities (read more about it on VAF here)

As usual, if you have any questions, you can get additional information by contacting us directly at [email protected] or by contacting your Garmin dealer.

Thanks,
Brian

This looked interesting, but the special rule requiring it to be purchased on the same PO as the G3X eliminated all the RV12 ELSA builders. RV12 builders have to purchase everything through Vans and this is not offered for the RV12 ELSA.

It's also seems to be a bit of a kick in the teeth to the folks who jumped on the G3X bandwagon earlier.

It's also seems to be a bit of a kick in the teeth to the folks who jumped on the G3X bandwagon earlier.

Sorry but I disagree. Should a vendor have to back-date all their promotions? When iPhones show up cheaper 9-12 months after release should everyone get a refund?

There will always be a better deal. There will always be a discount a few months after a product is released. You got a great product, be happy! :)

I'm guessing this is an update to the previous policy that offered a GNS400W for $4K for G3X customers.

The GNS 400W has been discontinued, this is a similar deal for the (newer and more expensive) 600 series GPS.

I'm guessing this is an update to the previous policy that offered a GNS400W for $4K for G3X customers. The GNS 400W has been discontinued, this is a similar deal for the (newer and more expensive) 600 series GPS.

James - that's how I read this too. For pilots building an IFR capable aircraft, this makes s lot of sense. Add the GTR200 (or GTR20) and this is a good option to a GTN650.

Last edited:
I'm guessing this is an update to the previous policy that offered a GNS400W for $4K for G3X customers.

The GNS 400W has been discontinued, this is a similar deal for the (newer and more expensive) 600 series GPS.

Hello James,

You are correct. The special G3X promotion for the GPS 400W was very successful and when that ended we scrambled to find another way for G3X and G3X Touch customers to more affordably equip for IFR.

Like the GPS 400W, the GTN 625 is a GPS only IFR navigator that supports flying IFR enroute as well as the thousands of great LNAV, LNAV+V, LP, and LPV approaches that are available today. Since there are now many more LPV precision approaches than ILS approaches, most won't miss the NAV radio that is provided by the GTN 650, but not by the GTN 625. And since there is no NAV antenna to install, the GTN 625 is a much easier installation than the GTN 650.

Yes, the GTN 625 is a little more than the GPS 400W, but there are a couple of features that the GTN 625 provides that were not provided by the GPS 400W that make it particularly attractive.

First is the missed approach discrete input capability. With a single button press at minimums on the LPV approach, both the G3X system and the GTN 625 will simultaneously execute the autopilot coupled missed approach. We haven't seen anyone yet who didn't smile big when pushing that TO/GA button and seeing the GTN transition from the approach to the missed approach procedure. When executing the missed, the flight director pitches up and takes you NAV/pitch coupled to the missed approach holding altitude/pattern where it automatically enters the hold and stays there as long as you need it to.

Secondly, the GTN 625 features a convenient front-loading SD? card reader, so you can more easily update your databases from FlyGarmin without having to use a special card writer like used for the GPS 400W.

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Thanks for updating the promo! I really really wish the other gtn6xx were covered, mostly because I don't want to use another panel spot for a radio :(

Thanks for updating the promo! I really really wish the other gtn6xx were covered, mostly because I don't want to use another panel spot for a radio :(

Sure wish Garmin would give the G3X non-touch user the ability to control a GTR 20 remote comm, this would open up space in the panel now required for comm 2 (dual coms are a must IMO) and make the 625 an excellent option.

Last edited:
This makes me revisit the question of a NAV radio being needed anymore. If you add up the GTN625 and garmins NAV/COM you are at the price of a GTN 650. The GTR 20 is a well priced COM remote radio, easy to put in two of those, but what about a NAV solution. Is NAV still needed? I am leaning toward yes, if so with this price change is the GTN 650 still the best choice or is there a good option for a remote NAV radio, VAL maybe?

Bill,

I just looked it up. VAL has their NAV 2KR remote NAV for $1195. However, its compatibility with G3X is "Limited", as in G3X cannot directly set frequencies - they must be selected from a list. Also, NAV volume control is unavailable. :/ At that rate, I'd spend the extra $100 and get a panel-mount NAV 2000.

I would also tend to disagree that a "modern" IFR plane does not need a NAV radio of some sort. True that LPV is taking over ILS. But how about if/when GPS signals are on the fritz? Or in my case, planning to use my RV as my IFR trainer, I have to be able to run at least more than one type of approach. Yes, I know, the whole thing about only being tested to what your plane is capable of. But there's a big difference between having the GPS be your primary IFR nav source vs your *only* IFR nav source.

There's a reason the NextGen plan is to still keep around enough VORs to back up GPS to some extent. ;)

One more vote here for a GTN 635 or 650 option! Maybe a flat rebate equal to the current discount?

I really appreciate Garmin offering this incentive for G3X buyers, it's a great marketing move. It would be that much more helpful to get a radio or two in that real estate, too.

Thanks,
David

So drop the EFIS plus this GPS navigator in the panel, then what are the options for remote comm radios in a space-limited panel? Can a person put two GTR-20 remote comm radios in on one G3X touch unit? Or are you limited to one remote radio plus one in the panel?

Seems like a good deal.
Unfortunately for those of us in the antipodes, LNAV+V, LPV and LP are not likely in my lifetime. So we need to keep the NAV in the meantime. :(

So drop the EFIS plus this GPS navigator in the panel, then what are the options for remote comm radios in a space-limited panel? Can a person put two GTR-20 remote comm radios in on one G3X touch unit? Or are you limited to one remote radio plus one in the panel?

According to the G3X installation manual, yes you can have two GTR-20 remote comms with a single G3X Touch unit.

Is there any plans for bundle pricing for people with GTN's and G3X Touch setups?

I'm looking for a bundle for my G3X Touch +750 + 650 but the "pilotpak" does not cover this setup from what I see

G3X database pricing

Is there any plans for bundle pricing for people with GTN's and G3X Touch setups?

I'm looking for a bundle for my G3X Touch +750 + 650 but the "pilotpak" does not cover this setup from what I see

Yes, we have multiple options for database bundles, and the PilotPak covers the G3X system when combined with one or more GTNs. You should be able to find all the details by going to our database and bundle pricing page and selecting G3X or G3X Touch.

Below is the table that shows the G3X bundles. A quick point of clarification. We offer G3X and G3X Touch database bundles starting at just $49.99/year that provide an annual subscription for all updates in the associated package and it covers all installed G3X displays. But we also offer PilotPaks which may be appropriate if you have a G3X system paired with one or more GTNs. More about that in a minute.

For G3X databases only, there is also a good overview of what all you get in this posting.

g3xbundles.png

PilotPak information is further down our flyGarmin page and should look like the below. Depending on what all you want to keep updated on the GTN(s), you may come out ahead choosing a G3X database bundle and an annual subscription to just the Jeppesen nav data for the GTN. However, with two GTNs in the plane, I'm guessing the PilotPak will make a lot of sense. Plus you'll probably want to see charts on that nice big GTN 750 display!

g3xpilotpak.png

Thanks,
Brian

PilotPak Lite

What would be a reason to ever select the Americas Lite PilotPak, since it does not include NAV data?

Database Pricing

Hello Brian

Could you explain to me why an annual Americas Database Bundle for a G3X/ G3X Touch is cheaper than the same bundle that is offered for the Garmin 796 Portable GPS?? $279 vs $499 for the 796??

As far as I know the G3X can be use for IFR but the 796 can't so why the higher price for the 796.

Doesn't make sense to me

Thanks

Bruno
[email protected]

Back