What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Section #23, Page #02 Figure #3... Metric Crescent Wrench?

Geico266

Well Known Member
I thought my Avery tool kit was complete! But NOOOOOoooooooooo! The plans call out specifically for a METRIC cresent wrench. I called around and NO one has them in stock. Seems there is little call for an adjustable metric cresent wrench. Does anyone have a link to where I can get one?

;)

It is nice to see engineers having a sense of humor... anyone find any other notable attempts at humor?

metric and imperial

Irwin Tools makes both an imperial and metric graduated adjustable wrench.
I sell them both...not often, but I sell them. Irwin Tools, owned by Rubbermaid
regards.

Ya, I still have to ask........why?

Last edited:
Just about like asking the kids to go find some prop wash or some flight line for the plane...

I thought my Avery tool kit was complete! But NOOOOOoooooooooo! The plans call out specifically for a METRIC cresent wrench. I called around and NO one has them in stock. Seems there is little call for an adjustable metric cresent wrench. Does anyone have a link to where I can get one?;)

Jeez Larry...as a repeat offender you disappoint me! You bought one before, it came in the same toolkit with your metric adjustable fly-cutter and metric adjustable drill chuck...duh!! :)

OK Larry. Now you have top come clean. Two days prior to your original post I added the same thing about the metric crescent to my blog. Did you see it first there?

Y'know, if you can't find a metric crescent wrench you can always use metric pliers to round it down to SAE at which point you can hammer a good snap-on socket over it.

Jeez Larry...as a repeat offender you disappoint me! You bought one before, it came in the same toolkit with your metric adjustable fly-cutter and metric adjustable drill chuck...duh!! :)

:D Ah! It was right next to my can of relative bearing grease. ;)

OK Larry. Now you have top come clean. Two days prior to your original post I added the same thing about the metric crescent to my blog. Did you see it first there?

Nope, I just saw it yesterday when I was building my longerons. At that point I needed some comic relief. :mad:

Y'know, if you can't find a metric crescent wrench you can always use metric pliers to round it down to SAE at which point you can hammer a good snap-on socket over it.

Now we're talkin! Should I use a metric hammer also? :D:D:D

Several Sixteenths

I think the imperial equivalent of what you're discussing is called a "Several Sixteenths" wrench.:D

Back