What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help - Fuel Injection Nozzle Body and Line

RedRaider94

Bad day..... after cleaning the restricters and putting the fuel lines back on the nozzle bodies, one of them stripped the threads inside the brass fitting and also top of the nozzle.

I have a silver hawk system and believe the nozzles must have come from them. Couple of questions:

1) the precision air motive nozzle (silver hawk) is $109 but I found another nozzle at airflow performance for $39. If I use the original insert (restrictor), will that cause any performance issues?

2) I need a new stainless fuel tube that is 22? long with the brass fittings on each end. It seems impossible to find these on the internet anywhere. None of the sites like aircraft spruce seem to have them or I am searching wrong. Any ideas or does everyone make their own from scratch?

I?m in a bit of a panic in how to get this back together so any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

If I understand correctly, you need the nozzle, not the restrictor. I would not expect any difference between Precision and Airflow. Ask Don or Kyle when you call Airflow; they will know for sure.

They probably have injector lines too. If not, call Rhonda at Barrett. They make them.

That?s correct Dan, I will reuse the restrictor as it?s fine and probably the most important part. I will check Barrett. Ugh just sick to my stomach over this.

Bad day..... after cleaning the restricters and putting the fuel lines back on the nozzle bodies, one of them stripped the threads inside the brass fitting and also top of the nozzle.

I have a silver hawk system and believe the nozzles must have come from them. Couple of questions:

1) the precision air motive nozzle (silver hawk) is $109 but I found another nozzle at airflow performance for $39. If I use the original insert (restrictor), will that cause any performance issues?

2) I need a new stainless fuel tube that is 22” long with the brass fittings on each end. It seems impossible to find these on the internet anywhere. None of the sites like aircraft spruce seem to have them or I am searching wrong. Any ideas or does everyone make their own from scratch?

I’m in a bit of a panic in how to get this back together so any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!!
You can get the 1/8” SS tube from mcmaster amd the ends are standard AN parts available from many sources. I forget the number on the end pieces. They should be silver soldered on.

You guys are great! That?s exactly what I needed. Spruce has them lumped together under one item when you search which is why I couldn?t find them.

Last piece of the puzzle is what wall diameter tubing in 1/8?? Spruce has
020 and .035?. Any idea what is standard for this?

Check the torque!

The B-Nut at the injector and at the divider has a very low torque! It is so low, that it is hard to believe, that they are tight. But so far, no issues at all!

Last edited:
Check the torque!

The B-Nut at the injector and at the divider has a very low torque! It is so low, that it is hard to believe, that they are tight. But so far, no issues at all!

Out of curiosity, I looked up this value. The RSA-5 manual calls out for 25-50 in-lbs. for the AN805-2 B-nut.

Out of curiosity, I looked up this value. The RSA-5 manual calls out for 25-50 in-lbs. for the AN805-2 B-nut.

I'm now at work, no access to the documents. Airflow Performance has there a lower value. Will when at home.

Back