What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA Registration

olderthandirt

Well Known Member
Well I am usually commiserating about government being slow to handle things, well not this time, I got my FAA Registration back in a week, and I am pretty sure I did not fill out paperwork correctly like what was discussed on forum before...just got lucky I guess...now to get the DAR scheduled in...

faa registration

there are couple place on form that are in question, one is do you fill in price of kit and checking places etc. I know I did it wrong because others on forum have said they got there registration back because they checked these places..can't remember exactly what places..sorry

Easy, follow the instructions

there are couple place on form that are in question, one is do you fill in price of kit and checking places etc. I know I did it wrong because others on forum have said they got there registration back because they checked these places..can't remember exactly what places..sorry

No price mentioned or needed on the Kit Bill of Sale from Vans.

On the 8050-1 form - the one that cannot be a PDF - the only check box is for type of ownership.
In our case, the typical ones would be -
1 - Individual
3 - Corporation
4 - Co-Owner
Pretty self-explanatory.

The 8050-88 Affidavit of Ownership Form should have the second box down checked - the one that says it's a "more than 50% kit" and a Kit Bill of Sale is attached.

Nothing complicated, just read the forms carefully. :)

Heck, the FAA even tells you exactly what they need -

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certif...ion/aircraft_registry/amateur_built_aircraft/

No price mentioned or needed on the Kit Bill of Sale from Vans.

On the 8050-1 form - the one that cannot be a PDF - the only check box is for type of ownership.
In our case, the typical ones would be -
1 - Individual
3 - Corporation
4 - Co-Owner
Pretty self-explanatory.

The 8050-88 Affidavit of Ownership Form should have the second box down checked - the one that says it's a "more than 50% kit" and a Kit Bill of Sale is attached.

Nothing complicated, just read the forms carefully. :)

Heck, the FAA even tells you exactly what they need -

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certif...ion/aircraft_registry/amateur_built_aircraft/

With the RV-12 e-lsa....you get a 8050-88A(different from the 8050-88), which is for a light sport. You don't indicate % of build and it is not noted as a kit(yes, I know it is a kit)...on both the bill of sale and 8050-88A...it is called an "aircraft"!

Last edited:
With the RV-12 e-lsa....you get a 8050-88A(different from the 8050-88), which is for a light sport. You don't indicate % of build and it is not noted as a kit(yes, I know it is a kit)...on both the bill of sale and 8050-88A...it is called an "aircraft"!

For those that have successfully registered their RV12 E-LSA, do you need to put a value on the Van's bill of sale before registration?

Back