What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 and the Wings to Westport

ArlingtonRV

Well Known Member
Saturday 3/18/23 was a fairly nice day in the Northwet. The sky was clear, the winds were light and a beach trip was in order. The haze was actually worse than it appears in the video. We could only see for about 30 miles or so.

We opted for Westport and that was definitely not an original idea. At the peak of our lunch, there were more pilots than normal people in the restaurant.

After we landed, a guy in a Cherokee showed up. He looked at us and somehow knew that we were the guys that arrived int he two RV-8's.

Shortly after he arrived, guy in a C-150 showed up. It turned out that he had flown over from Walla Walla. Now that's a long trip in a C-150.

It also turns out that the guy in the Cherokee was the Airport Director for the airport at Chehalis and he had seen our airplanes there frequently. Nice guy, very knowledgeable.

On the way home we decided to take a turn around Mt. Olympus.

If I had just managed at least one decent landing it would have been an ideal day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42PAZcmSoTg

Thanks for your wonderful video work. RV-8's are cool enough that they don't need to land good every time!

Very nice! Thanks.

Awesome video. Just wondering where your cameras are attached...the one looking fwd specifically. Tiedown ring point? I've got a GoPro8 and it works pretty well there but I hate having evidence of bouncy landings on video!
danny

Back