What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Catto or Sensenich Three Blade

Sandrews

Well Known Member
RV7A. 160hp O320. Currently has a Sterba wood prop on it. Want to go three blade. Catto composite three blade or Sensenich composite ground adjustable three blade? Not interested in two blade props. I understand the issues with cowl removeal on the three blade with the nose gear.

Thanks

Last edited:
I switched my Warnke 2-blade for a 3-blade Catto on my O-320 160hp. Mine is pitched for cruise (would need to go the hanger to tell you the details)

Anyway, seems smoother and I'm seeing 160kts true in cruise.

YMMV

[Almost forgot, it's a little tricker getting the bootom cowl off, but that's the price I pay for that sexy 3-blade look]

Not bad

I have a 9A which is the same as the 7A firewall forward. I have a 3 blade Catto. I lengthened the bottom cowl's slot and cover plate by one more screw (~4 ") and it is not hard getting the cowl off. The hardest part is reaching around the spinner, reaching through the prop, to lower the cowl. But I can take off the cowl by myself without touching the prop blades .

If I had to do it over again, would I buy a two blade instead? probably. But the three blade looks cool.

I love the sensenich prop very cool design that allows for ground adjustability. I had one problem where the blade leading edge delaminated. Sensenich fixed it under warranty but unfortunately did a terrible job repainting so now the clear coat peels bad. The original blades when new did not do that though.

Back