What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming Sun n Fun specials

FlyGuy65

Well Known Member
Posted on Van’s website, prices valid through April 30th. For example, a Thunderbolt IO-360M1B with electronic ignition for $46.5k. Anyone know what is was before the special? Have the Sun n Fun specials historically been a good deal?

As an aside, I’m surprised there wasn’t a price increase this year, on kits or engines - or did I just miss it?

...As an aside, I’m surprised there wasn’t a price increase this year, on kits or engines - or did I just miss it?

You missed it. Kit prices went up about a month ago (a week or two before I placed my order of course).

I don't know about the IO-360 but the IO390EXP119 I plan to buy is selling at a $3,550 discount with this sale. I'm tempted to order it but my first kit won't arrive until this summer. I won't need the engine for another couple of years.

I'm also curious if Lycoming typically puts their engines on sale during Sun n' Fun.

Thunderbolt IO-360-M1B dual pmags with Airflow Performance injection was $40,800 (including the prop discount) early March 2022, this was just before the increase for 2022

Last edited:
I'm also curious if Lycoming typically puts their engines on sale during Sun n' Fun.

No, Lycoming does not typically offer discounts on engines at the shows, other than in some past years they've offered free shipping or something similar. This is a special deal.

On average, the engine prices are about 6% discounted on the ones sold through Van's during this show special. That can mean as much as several thousand dollars on some engines. And, you can combine the special engine price with the prop/engine bundle discount of $1,000.00.

Back