What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Cable Links

Doug Rohrer

Well Known Member
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the CS-00015 rudder cable links in the -14 kit are not long enough if the pedals are set at the forward-most position (tall pilot). I am at this point now and have no way to confirm this with just the bare fuse on the rotisserie. Can someone who has gone before me confirm if there is an issue here, and how much longer the links need to be? If no issue, I will use the longest holes and build on. I know the attachment bolts may need to be relocated after the rudder and seats are installed.

I have heard this, but replacements for the links would be easy to fabricate. Not sure how tall you are and whether your height is in your legs or your body, but locating the rudders in the forwardmost position and the seatback in the rearmost position will likely give you enough room. A potentially bigger concern might be head clearance from the canopy. I am 6’1” and have rudders and seatback in the middle positions with no issues. Good luck.

LONGER LINKS

Although I can't remember what I had for dinner last night I do remember making the link one hole longer so they could be placed as far forward as possible.

Yes, they need to be a hole or two longer. When I was building, another -14 builder had multiple sets made at a place that water jet them from stainless steel and provided them to those who asked. Here is a link to his site:

That's a lot of trouble for something you can make in 10 minutes.

Back