What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

More QB Tank Leaks

flyboy143

Pay extra for the Tanks to be done.....end up doing them anyway.

Had to remove and reseal the fuel tank. Hard to believe what I found.

The Pro Seal bead was not attached to the walls. Looks like they laid a bead but missed the side panel. I guess there is no QC.

Picture attached.

Attachments

• image2 (13).jpeg
    image2 (13).jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 292
What is that? It doesn’t look like the typical blackish grey pro seal that we all know and love. I’d be very concerned with that breaking off and plugging the strainers, once in service. I would consider asking Van’s for SB tanks and build a couple new ones yourself.

What is that? It doesn’t look like the typical blackish grey pro seal that we all know and love. I’d be very concerned with that breaking off and plugging the strainers, once in service. I would consider asking Van’s for SB tanks and build a couple new ones yourself.

A builder shouldn't have to build or repair QB tanks after paying a premium for the QB tanks. Airworthy tanks without leaks should be provided at no extra shipping or service charges.

Vans is a great company and I really like their aircraft and the way they fly, but they fall miserable short with their QB tanks.

-Marc

A builder shouldn't have to build or repair QB tanks after paying a premium for the QB tanks.

-Marc

Agree, 100%. But the fact is they Are repairing them. Would you feel safe knowing the sealant could end up at the pickup? Leaky tanks would be the least of your problems.

Back