What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What hardware for red cube?

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey guys- all my FWF fuel fittings are stainless, but I'm having a heck of a time finding a stainless 816-6J. to go into the red cube.

What are most people doing here? Aluminum? Black steel? Secret warehouse full of stainless fittings that I don't know about?

Thanks Todd, but for something as mission critical as a fuel fitting I'd prefer to stick with an "approved" AN pedigree.

Not hating on Summit, it's just that it seems like summit and Jegs are real hit or miss whether you get actually AN stuff vs Chinese faux knockoffs.

Also best to use a thread sealant like locktite 567. I strongly recommend NOT using fuel lube, as that’sa lubricant, not a sealant and eventually WILL leak

I used steel for all FWF fittings

Black steel with Loctite 567 and then fire-sleeved the whole thing.

BTW If you are installing the cube between the fuel servo and flow divider like I did, then the fitting is actually an AN816-4-4.

Attachments

• 20190121_193338.jpg
    20190121_193338.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20190202_124524.jpg
    20190202_124524.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Black steel with Loctite 567 and then fire-sleeved the whole thing.

BTW If you are installing the cube between the fuel servo and flow divider like I did, then the fitting is actually an AN816-4-4.
I hope the blue zip tie in your first picture is a temporary mount before you firesleeved it. The red cube does have two mounting holes for bolts.

Back