What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

P60G2 Dry Time

burtw

Sponsor
I used this stuff for the first time about a month ago. Seemed to go OK but was only on a few parts for the VS. Probably no more than 15-20 mins actually spraying (excluding setup and clean up.) When I get to larger batches of parts I expect that there will be some down time with the gun due to changing out parts, taking a short break, etc. I've read that if you let this stuff sit in the gun for even a little while, it will gunk it up (not to be confused with the 8 hr pot life of the mixed product that hasn't been sprayed.) I'd hate to have to clean the gun out every time it's idle for 5 or 10 mins during a 1-2 hour session. Is this a problem or do I spray lacquer thinner through it every tie I'm going stop spraying for a bit during a session? Much thanks!

P60G2

I used this stuff for the first time about a month ago. Seemed to go OK but was only on a few parts for the VS. Probably no more than 15-20 mins actually spraying (excluding setup and clean up.) When I get to larger batches of parts I expect that there will be some down time with the gun due to changing out parts, taking a short break, etc. I've read that if you let this stuff sit in the gun for even a little while, it will gunk it up (not to be confused with the 8 hr pot life of the mixed product that hasn't been sprayed.) I'd hate to have to clean the gun out every time it's idle for 5 or 10 mins during a 1-2 hour session. Is this a problem or do I spray lacquer thinner through it every tie I'm going stop spraying for a bit during a session? Much thanks!

That's how I do it. It's good for the time to flip parts but if the break is more than a few minutes, I disconnect air, flip the gun, pull the trigger to drain, flip back up then pull the cup and fill the gun with lacquer thinner then spray a little out to clear the nozzle.
I learned the hard way. Stuff set up in the gun and sprayed spider webs all over.

Back