What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Meglin Propellers

laruetou2

This company is located in Ukraine and they make both wood and ground adjustable CF props in 2, 3 and 4 blades. The blades for the SAE 2 hubs have a scimitar shape. Apparently there is no dealer stateside and therefore no easily accessible customer service.

Website is http://propeller.mozello.com and the prime mover is Vladimir Meglinsky. His English and the website's English is pretty good but could be better. No native English speaking person has edited the website. Emails come out about like the website - a little confusing at times. A SAE 2 prop with CF spinner, protractor and shipping is going to be around $1200. From the photos, the CF blades look attractive.

Does anyone have any experience with this company?
Thanks,
Larry

PS - can someone give me instructions on how to upload a pic to this thread. Maybe the forum doesn't want pics on the inside but wants them only accessible at an outside location?

PS - can someone give me instructions on how to upload a pic to this thread. Maybe the forum doesn't want pics on the inside but wants them only accessible at an outside location?
Picture posting is pretty straight forward. On the toolbar at the top when you start a post is a paper clip icon. Click on it. Choose a location you are storing a picture. Click on ‘upload’. When you have selected all your picks click on ‘upload’ again.

he posts fairly often over on pilots of america...photos of some things he's shipping, and other updates.

meglin propellers

Hello, dear friends and colleagues! I am sincerely glad of your interest. I am happy to answer any questions. Please forgive my clumsy English. We are really working in all areas that are shown on my website. In addition to blades for wind turbines, their production was looted by looters after the occupation. And in addition to the production of sea boats, a rocket shell hit the workshop exactly and destroyed two floors of their production, except for the basement. There are also temporary organizational difficulties with the production of glasses. Everything else works like clockwork, despite the shelling and power outages. I am sincerely grateful to our American and Canadian colleagues, your orders help us survive in this difficult time.

At the bottom are propellers for VEGA and for RV-9:

Attachments

• O-320 ST87 VEGA.jpg
    O-320 ST87 VEGA.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Фото0509.jpg
    Фото0509.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
With your permission, I will add a little information about the propellers. In addition to the SAE-2 hubs, there is also a SAE-1. We started producing propellers for gearless engines Lycoming and Continental at the urgent request of the American owners of RV aircraft (Tom Swayne and Harold Gibson) in 2016. In the beginning - with great precautions and under their responsibility. And only up to the power of O-320. But during this time, these propellers were also operated in many countries of the world, and no questions arose during operation. Including on 4-seater planes. This allows us to extend our usual warranty to these propellers.

Attachments

• PIC_0029---.JPG
    PIC_0029---.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 131
  • Cosy Propeller-.jpg
    Cosy Propeller-.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 117
  • tom sitner-.jpg
    tom sitner-.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 122269-c6e7c80a2115c8d9cdb1d9297eb831cd.jpeg
    122269-c6e7c80a2115c8d9cdb1d9297eb831cd.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 86
  • R-106-1750.jpg
    R-106-1750.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
meglin propellers

Now as for the fairings.
They are manufactured with the highest precision and quality. Fiberglass with epoxy resin with heating provides high strength with minimal weight.
But for those who wish, carbon fiber can be used for subsequent painting. It costs a little more and further enhances the characteristics of the parts.
For those who are particularly interested, carbon fiber with a decorative transparent varnish is possible - it costs significantly more.

Attachments

• 13417023_290005494675605_1809037069512035375_o.jpg
    13417023_290005494675605_1809037069512035375_o.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 20220809_181343(0).jpg
    20220809_181343(0).jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 88
  • RV-10.jpg
    RV-10.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 111
  • carbon.jpg
    carbon.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC02277.JPG
    DSC02277.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0953.JPG
    DSC_0953.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I can vouch for Mr Meglinsky personally. Over a decade ago he was an editor of a GA magazine and I wrote an article for it. But I don't know anything about the company.

Thanks.
That's right, I was the editor of GA magazine, then for five years I published my own magazine "Wings. Light Aviation News" and published the "Catalog of Light Aviation of Russia and Ukraine".

Attachments

• oblozhki.jpg
    oblozhki.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 49
  • obloga каталога 07-08_end.jpg
    obloga каталога 07-08_end.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Oblozhka каталога9-10.jpg
    Oblozhka каталога9-10.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 45
I can vouch for Mr Meglinsky personally. Over a decade ago he was an editor of a GA magazine and I wrote an article for it. But I don't know anything about the company.

New propeller for the USA:

Attachments

• photo_2023-03-04_17-09-14.jpg
    photo_2023-03-04_17-09-14.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 104
  • prop dim.jpg
    prop dim.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 75
Meglin propellers

Just a few more pictures

Attachments

• spinner carbon 2.jpg
    spinner carbon 2.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 108
  • spinner carbon.jpg
    spinner carbon.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 80
With your permission, I will add a little information about the propellers. In addition to the SAE-2 hubs, there is also a SAE-1. We started producing propellers for gearless engines Lycoming and Continental at the urgent request of the American owners of RV aircraft (Tom Swayne and Harold Gibson) in 2016. In the beginning - with great precautions and under their responsibility. And only up to the power of O-320. But during this time, these propellers were also operated in many countries of the world, and no questions arose during operation. Including on 4-seater planes. This allows us to extend our usual warranty to these propellers.

Your web site says you worked X-34 and X-32. What did you do on NASA X-34? I was one of the two aero guys on that program for Orbital Sciences.
X-32 was Boeing's concept for the Joint Strike Fighter. I'd be curious what your did on that program since that was USAF.

There is a picture on your website of a Cosy (more correctly Cozy) with one of your props on it. Being a canard guy, I've never seen or heard of one being used on a pusher... most composite props can't survive the combination of 4 cylinders and fuselage wake. The only exceptions I know are IVO prop on a Velocity with a Franklin engine or Velocity with an MT constant speed. Who is the canard guy flying that?

Your web site says you worked X-34 and X-32. What did you do on NASA X-34? I was one of the two aero guys on that program for Orbital Sciences.
X-32 was Boeing's concept for the Joint Strike Fighter. I'd be curious what your did on that program since that was USAF.

There is a picture on your website of a Cosy (more correctly Cozy) with one of your props on it. Being a canard guy, I've never seen or heard of one being used on a pusher... most composite props can't survive the combination of 4 cylinders and fuselage wake. The only exceptions I know are IVO prop on a Velocity with a Franklin engine or Velocity with an MT constant speed. Who is the canard guy flying that?

I will try to clarify. FL-30, X-32, X-34 are a series of our Kharkiv light aircraft. The first - single, the second - has a type certificate and was produced serial, only about 500 pcs, not counting the repeatedly restored after heavy accidents. The third is a three-shot aircraft, released in the number of dozens. As you can see, our planes had nothing to do with NASA and the US Air Force. Except for the wing profile. Single aircraft and GAW-1 profile, two-seat - NAСA-4412. Now about propellers. We’ve been using Jabiru engines extensively. The engine itself is demounting, it does not withstand active long-term operation even under ideal conditions. But we had to gain experience and make sure that the blades on these spindles and the 4-cylinders without the reducer work very hard. It was necessary to do reinforcement of blades. In addition, American owners of planes RV urged to make blades for them too. As a result, for about 7 years, our propellers have been actively operated on Jabiru, Lycoming, Continental with revolutions up to 3600 and capacity up to 160 hp. Experimental propellers are put on gearbox motors 200 and even 300 hp. They are used by American champions.
Now about the shape of the blades. Sabre shape allows you to work at high revs and high circumferential speeds. The reasons are clear - the flexor allows to soften the action of the number M. This blade was developed in 1993 by talented engineers Vasiliev and Dimitrov. Especially for pushing propellers to be installed on our plane. The sabre blade is less sensitive to whirlwinds that follow the fuselage and wing. At the same time, the noise decreased appreciably, its frequency changed. However, it was later discovered that these blades also feel great on the pulling engines. For example, on the plane Savage, certified in Germany. Or on the plane CT-180.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzBnVhTvqQA&ab_channel=КонстантинЛыков
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mOsSRAQQs&ab_channel=ИгорьПокусин

Attachments

• Ð¥-34-.JPG
    Х-34-.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • X-32.jpg
    X-32.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I will try to clarify. FL-30, X-32, X-34 are a series of our Kharkiv light aircraft. The first - single, the second - has a type certificate and was produced serial, only about 500 pcs, not counting the repeatedly restored after heavy accidents. The third is a three-shot aircraft, released in the number of dozens. As you can see, our planes had nothing to do with NASA and the US Air Force. Except for the wing profile. Single aircraft and GAW-1 profile, two-seat - NAСA-4412. Now about propellers. We’ve been using Jabiru engines extensively. The engine itself is demounting, it does not withstand active long-term operation even under ideal conditions. But we had to gain experience and make sure that the blades on these spindles and the 4-cylinders without the reducer work very hard. It was necessary to do reinforcement of blades. In addition, American owners of planes RV urged to make blades for them too. As a result, for about 7 years, our propellers have been actively operated on Jabiru, Lycoming, Continental with revolutions up to 3600 and capacity up to 160 hp. Experimental propellers are put on gearbox motors 200 and even 300 hp. They are used by American champions.
Now about the shape of the blades. Sabre shape allows you to work at high revs and high circumferential speeds. The reasons are clear - the flexor allows to soften the action of the number M. This blade was developed in 1993 by talented engineers Vasiliev and Dimitrov. Especially for pushing propellers to be installed on our plane. The sabre blade is less sensitive to whirlwinds that follow the fuselage and wing. At the same time, the noise decreased appreciably, its frequency changed. However, it was later discovered that these blades also feel great on the pulling engines. For example, on the plane Savage, certified in Germany. Or on the plane CT-180.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzBnVhTvqQA&ab_channel=КонстантинЛыков
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6mOsSRAQQs&ab_channel=ИгорьПокусин

Thanks for the clarification of the aircraft programs. Perhaps put links to the planes to which you are referring to on your website to reduce confusion. Looked like you were just making stuff up to seem more credible.

I'm still curious about the results on the Cozy. Scimitar blades seem like a bad idea for that application.

Meglin prop

There are links on the site, you just did not check.
On the propellers - not me to judge. I did not test them on your plane. Let the operators of these aircraft be judged. Do not like carbon sable permeable propellers - we will make you a wooden monobloc propeller. For example, like these:

Attachments

• Cosy Propeller-.jpg
    Cosy Propeller-.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Alois Mayr.jpg
    Alois Mayr.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Марк.jpeg
    Марк.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20201014_131116--.jpg
    IMG_20201014_131116--.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20201014_131019--.jpg
    IMG_20201014_131019--.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
What is the cost for a set of rv4 wheel pants? What would they include(mounting brackets)?

What is the cost for a set of rv4 wheel pants? What would they include(mounting brackets)?

Dear Dan, Make a couple of basic fairings no problem. I sent the details in an email. We do not make mounting brackets.

Attachments

• 1581493698153.JPEG
    1581493698153.JPEG
    165.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02274.JPG
    DSC02274.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC02277.JPG
    DSC02277.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2017-08-04_180250.jpg
    IMG_2017-08-04_180250.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 54
In addition, I can offer a 3-bladed propeller with extra strong saber-shaped blades made of pure carbon to withstand the loads of this motor. It costs quite a reasonable amount of money.

Attachments

• 122269-c6e7c80a2115c8d9cdb1d9297eb831cd--.jpg
    122269-c6e7c80a2115c8d9cdb1d9297eb831cd--.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 53
  • PIC_0029-.jpg
    PIC_0029-.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Thorp T18 with Lycoming 320--.jpg
    Thorp T18 with Lycoming 320--.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 68
  • tom sitner-.jpg
    tom sitner-.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 48
New "Black Wing" Propeller.
Designed for engines up to O-320.
With SAE-2 hub, the diameter is 71".
It features extra strong pure carbon fiber blades with a spar inside. A stainless steel guard is fitted on the outside. Previously we only offered smaller diameter 3-blade versions with narrow blades (photo posted earlier).
Hopefully RV owners will have a chance to objectively compare the "Black Wing" to the new Hartzell propeller.

Attachments

• Black Wing.jpg
    Black Wing.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
The only thing we're missing is the nose fairing for the RV-7. If you have a damaged one, send it to us, we will make a new one.

Have you ever considered making constant-speed propellers?
We made a hub for a variable pitch propeller. But it is only suitable for Rotax. The price is quite high. We hardly have time to make regular propellers. We can't develop a new direction yet.

The propellers are currently equipped with the following types of hubs: Rotax 3", Rotax 4", SAE-1, SAE-2, Jabiru. The number of blades is 2, 3, 4 and even 6.

Back