What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2nd flight with my grandson

Dvalcik

Well Known Member
Sponsor
My kids and grandchildren (6 and 3) came to visit for my birthday. My oldest grandson talks about flying when we FaceTime. Unfortunately we live in the northeast and they are in the south so don’t see them as often as we would like.

He went out with me for about 30 mins. His younger brother took a 10 taxi tour around the airport.

I attached a 4 min youtube link that Link helped edit and picked the music (his choice). Love seeing the freedom of flight through the eyes of a 6 year old.

https://youtu.be/nE7WNqc2WEA

Attachments

• 4A4B7063-0FD1-4D47-BA25-768D9A099545.jpeg
    4A4B7063-0FD1-4D47-BA25-768D9A099545.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
The Younger group!

Very nice! And nice video! The kid has some excitement for flying, that's for sure! Get 'em while they're young!

I "just" taxied my 6 year old grandson around the airport last summer. I was afraid to try taking him up in the air yet. Mostly, because I have an 8, and he wouldn't be right beside me, like in a 6 or 7. He just turned 7 in January. Maybe this summer.:rolleyes:

I "just" taxied my 6 year old grandson around the airport last summer. I was afraid to try taking him up in the air yet. Mostly, because I have an 8, and he wouldn't be right beside me, like in a 6 or 7. He just turned 7 in January. Maybe this summer.:rolleyes:

In agree with you, I would not have taken him up if I did not have a side by side. He started with the short taxi when he was 4. His younger brother (just turned 3) on this trip got the trip with grandpa around the airport. The 3 year olds video https://youtu.be/duOgDwioNzo

Attachments

• 345C6886-36A5-475C-B9B9-2B4A49793332.jpg
    345C6886-36A5-475C-B9B9-2B4A49793332.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 90
My Grandson (30) decided he wants to go with the airlines. Last August he had 0.0 hrs. Right now he is working on CFI. Next week he starts ME and CFII.

Somewhat proud of him!

I love seeing kids taking their first flight. We never know where that ride might take them.

When I was little, we lived outside Hershey PA, The old airport was parallel to Hersheypark Dr, and every time we went past, I wanted to look at the airplanes. So, when I was five, Mom dropped my brother and sister with our grandmother, took me to the airport, and bought us a ride. That was 62 years ago, but I still have a picture in my head, looking out the right rear window and watching the ground drop away.

Last edited:
I love seeing kids taking their first flight. We never know where that ride might take them.

My dad had a friend with a Centurion and they surprised me on my 16th birthday with a flight around New York city, landing 26N which was a short walk to the Jersey Shore. I never lost interest, and here I am flight testing my RV with a 10 year old begging to go fly around with me. You truly never know where that first ride is going to take a kid.

Attachments

• birthday16-1.jpg
    birthday16-1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 83
  • birthday16-14.jpg
    birthday16-14.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 65
  • birthday16-16.jpg
    birthday16-16.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 92
Back