What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Elec Fuel Boost Pump recommendations

Strike69

I am at a point of installing a electric fuel boost pump in my RV-8A. Any suggestions (pros/cons) for one particular version? The engine is a Superior IO-360-B1HD2 w/Airflow Performance fuel injection.

Possible options: Vans Airflow Performance, ANDAIR, EFII Boost Pump Module (BPM), others?

Thanks
Strike

EFII Boost Pump Module

Only have 60 hours on it but install was easy and very straight forward desgn. I like it.

Another happy EFII customer here. I watched what Paul and Louise did on Tsam, and features and bennies that attracted me were the clean, tight package, the simple install, and the easily serviceable filter. Robert was also very helpful with design and location questions I had. Performance of he pump has been great in the 50 hours since I replaced my old, cluttered pump set-up with the EFII. All good and two thumbs up so far! :)

Cheers,
Bob

I installed a Weldon 8100 J series pump 5 years ago when I switched to FI. A search will show some previous posts I've made on this install.
Perfomance has been flawless.

Lots of pumps available

I have two electric fuel pumps one in each wing root (and no mechanical pump). Both pumps came from NAPA, if you do a search of my posts you can see the part number there.

Cost was about $130 ea and both have performed perfectly since 2006.

Frank

AFP

Frank,
It's been a long time since we heard from you.

Airflow Performance must have thousands of pumps out there and none has had any problems.
Take your pick.

I should have gone the route FrankH did, it would have been easier in the long run. I got dual Vans Airflow pumps and Frankensteined the plumbing to fit both of them together in a lengthened fuel boost pump box in the standard location between the pilot and copilot.

After having spent MANY hours jacking around with it, I would highly recommend looking at the way FrankH did it. I know I will on my next one.

Back