What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Navworx ADS600-EXP failed compliance report - help

FORANE

Well Known Member
I installed a Navworx ADS600-EXP in our RV-9A. It uses the transmon adapter to connect with the transponder - a Garmin GTX320A. It uses the UAT antenna and GPS antenna supplied by Navworx with the ADS600-EXP.
I set the anonymous box to off. I flew it twice since the install.
The link below shows the FAA compliance report. There is a 100% failure of the "emitter cat". Any ideas where to start or what may be the issue?

http://docdro.id/DNdZR7y

Check your settings:

Emitter Category: Indication of the aircraft size/weight (ref. AC 20-165).

Email sent to Navworx support. I will post their reply after it has been received. I am currently out of state away from the RV or I would check the settings and report right now; it will have to wait until Jan. Thanks for the suggestions.

FORANE: FYI. When your report was being loaded in my browser, for a couple of seconds the redacted parts were visible. Just thought you might like to know.

Really, wow. It doesn't in mine - just checked it after reading your post.
Thanks for the heads up.

Just received a reply from Bill. 43 minutes from my email til reply - my compliments on his promptness. Here is his message:

The Emitter Category is a configurable item ? go back into the UAT console and verify it is set to ?light aircraft?. If so, then make a copy of all of the configured information, then select the ERASE EEPROM button ? then reconfigure with what was written down. Then fly and get another CR.

FYI, your ICAO address and tail number are tied together and can be reverse looked up, so you'd need to block more than your N number in the future.

And there's a link right there on page 2 to your whole FAA registry info page.

Back