What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

LOE '10: Weatherford, OK - Oct 1/2/3

Well, I just rearranged my plans so I can visit LOE on Saturday and leave Sunday morning to Atlanta. Being totally new and first time visiting, any thing special that I should watch for? Do they close the airspace or airport at any time? What is the best time to arrive and leave?

One of the best things about LOE is the lack of such foolishness as closing airspace at a "fly-in." Arrive when you get there! Leave when you are ready!

mmmmm... And I just tested the first batch of cookies out of the oven. No good, try again. I'm currently hatching a plan to sneak #4.

Ready for LOE

I'm ready for LOE, how about everyone else. The cookies are tasty (according to the resident quality control department), and the cash for the raffle from all over the country has been counted.

ztsm0i.jpg

I've missed LOE in the past due to work and weather. Now that I don't "work" and the weather looks great, there is no way I'm going to miss it this year :D

I love Oklahoma. If I could live anywhere, that would be the place. Granted I grew up there and that will always be home for me.

I'm an LOE virgin and happen to be flying into OKC on Saturday morning to let the baby meet his great grand parents.

I'm trying to talk my wife into making the trip out I-40 for a couple of hours..

What do I need to know? And what's the best way to get her on board?

Phil

Last edited:
Can't you people quit talking about LOE? I'm looking outside at beautiful clear skies, a high pressure area for the next few days keeping things clear (except for a chance of rain on Saturday) and no excuses for not flying down to OK ... except for money. Dang.

I may have to fire up tomorrow and at least plug LOE into the GPS and fly that direction for an hour or so ...

Have fun, y'all.

I love Oklahoma. If I could live anywhere, that would be the place. Granted I grew up there and that will always be home for me.

I'm an LOE virgin and happen to be flying into OKC on Saturday morning to let the baby meet his great grand parents.

I'm trying to talk my wife into making the trip out I-40 for a couple of hours..

What do I need to know? And what's the best way to get her on board?

Phil
Are you flying via RV or Commercial? If you are driving to LOE, or Weatherford, OK from OKC, it is an easy drive. Just get on I-40 West. Weatherford will be about 1 hour west on I-40. To get to the airport take the first Weatherford exit. The airport is on the north side of the interstate. In fact the south end of the runway buts up against the interstate. Hope you can make it.

Not sure I could be much help in convincing your wife. Maybe plead to her social nature. Tell her about the large number of new friends she will be able to make in a short few hours.

Last edited:
MN to TX to LOE's

Left MN Wed afternoon, to Claremore, OK. Took us just under 3 hrs :D Saw 210 knots at times. Great airport!

Next day flew to Galveston, another great airport and wonderful staff. This morning we took off and flew the coast south for while.

Currently sitting in the FBO at Stephenville, TX. Traveling in 2 RV7s. See everyone tomorrow in OK.

Stephen,

Looks cool. I will see you there tomorrow and should arrive around noon. I'll give you a call.

I see lots of Texas planes in the album!

Phil

It's always nice to look at photo's of all the airplanes, but how about some shots of all the people?! Names to go with the photo's would be even nicer! Our planned trip to our first ever LOE was derailed due to prior commitments, so next year for sure!

Dave, we're on the same page you and me. This year I'm only taking pics of people.

br,
dr

It's always nice to look at photo's of all the airplanes, but how about some shots of all the people?! Names to go with the photo's would be even nicer! Our planned trip to our first ever LOE was derailed due to prior commitments, so next year for sure!

Almost like being there

Keep the updates and pics coming Doug.:)
You know I think I'm more excited about flying my RV to a "LOE" someday than to "OSH". Must be awesome out there in RV Heaven.:D

Back