What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Alaska bucket list trip

dsmithlib

....just completing my fourth annual inspection and getting ready for another season in my RV7.

I am giving some thought to an excursion from Wisconsin to Alaska this summer. I would only make this trip with others who have some experience with the routes, weather, destinations, regulations, etc..

Good contacts, references to plan for this trip would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks,

I will be watching your thread Dave. I've been there once in 2014 and coming again in August. I have only one solid contact so far it's Bruce Stamper out of Cordova. He is here on VAF.

Dave: I flew the highway route up/back in '14. Planning to fly up the trench, then back via the coast this early June. Be pleased to share my experience with you. (All except the scud running days.) Jerry

Dave

You can call me anytime and also stop in and stay with us. I am in the rv hotel section. I have flown to alaska from wyoming a number of times and all routes. Contact me anytime.

I'll be headed to our summer cabin in Atlin BC around mid-May this year (from Reno) in the RV-9. Have done the trip a number of times, though not along the Alaska Hwy (I go straight north from Reno). You're welcome to stop in Atlin if passing through - we have room for a couple guests, and there are decent hotels in town as well. Atlin has a well-kept gravel strip, and is only 60 miles off the main highway.

Greg

Back