What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Chicago area rec

cawmd82

Well Known Member
Flying the 10 to Chicagoland next weekend then on to WI. Need to park Friday and sat night,the 25 and 26 th. Going to a wedding in downtown area, staying in Lincoln Park area

Anyone have a suggestion of which airport to use?

Gary

Might be your best option I hear it's a easy trip on the train to downtown and service at gyy is good. Ymmv.. I'm not too familiar with pwk or ga at mdw.

palwaukie, now jet center(?) or something like that charges $40 to park, even if it is for 15 minutes. [*******s]

Hangar? Or no?

If you are getting a car they are all options. If a cab PWK is really the only option. The others would be $$$.

Train would be GYY, or JOT. Don't know about GYY, but JOT would need a taxi to the train.

If someone is picking you up it depends on how much you like them....

Joliet (JOT) would likely have the most reasonable community hangar rent if available. I have heard Gary is a good option but don't know costs. DPA, ARR, PWK, and UGN are likely expensive but ARR would be my second choice to JOT (if getting a car). Sorry I don't have an extra car to loan ya, and don't know my schedule yet for that weekend. I'm a mile from Joliet.

Mark

Chicago Area PIREP

I was just up in the Chicago area for a weekend of family events and fly my RV10 into KLOT and pickup a Avis rental car right at the FBO it was quick and painless. On Monday morning the traffic flow is into the city so it was a quick ride back to KLOT to depart and return home.

GYY

Had a great experience at GYY a month ago. The FBOs are in competition and the gas prices and willingness to help really shows. Gary jet center was offering free hangar space. Both will give a ride to the train.

Tower was friendly and helpful. GYY would be my choice if you dont mind the train ride into Millenium station.

MDW

I have had great experiences with Atlantic at MDW. The approachs to MDW are easy. Atlantic is very close to the Train. I don't remember the ramp fee, but $40 maty be correct.

Back