What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to buy mogas

RScott

Well Known Member
Not to start a debate about the merits & problems of flying with non-ethanol mogas, but here is an extensive listing of where to get E0 for those who do use it:
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp

May have been listed before, but since my RV-9A project went on the block, I haven't been on the forum.

Yep! I used the same site and found out that there was ethanol-free premium at the same gas station that I've used to fill my truck. Now I can be regularly seen pumping diesel into the truck while filling a couple of jerry cans at the next pump.

AvGas at the airport is running about $6.25
Premium Ethanol Free MoGas is $4.09

Ten gallons of MoGas saves me about $20! If I could just buy enough MoGas, I'd be rich!

Important note--- www.pure-gas.org is an information based website. When you find ethanol-free gas, make sure that you post it, or just add an update to a gas station so people can see that information is current. I usually update my gas station about once a month - just say something like "tested ethanol free on 6/22/2011, premium = $4.09"

For What It's Worth...

(Probably not much) I sent the following email to Castle and Cook (Paine Field), who I think is the owner of the fuel concession at Arlington.

Good Afternoon,

I am under the impression that you are also responsible for the Fuel island at Arlington. If this is not the case, please disregard.

There is a tank and a pump at Arlington that had been dedicated to pumping MOGAS in the past. It is my understanding that the airport had to stop selling it as continual supplies of ethanol free MOGAS could no longer be maintained. That was several years ago.

Ethanol free car gas is starting to show up at local gas stations with increasing frequency. There are 2 such stations within a couple of miles of the airport. One is the Union 76 at island Crossing and another 76 station on 116th in Marysville. There are also other stations listed at Pure-Gas.org.

The reason for pointing this out is that ethanol free MOGAS must be available somewhere in the local area to supply this growing list of stations. Since there is already the equipment in place at Arlington I would like to formally request that you look in to the possibility of once again selling ethanol free MOGAS at Arlington.

There are many in the area flying LSA?s and ultralights that can even use MOGAS with ethanol, but with ethanol free there a large number of STC?d certificated aircraft that can use it as well. Since, to the best of my knowledge, there is not an airport in Washington or Oregon that sells ethanol free 91AKI (min) MOGAS, if you were to be the first I think you would sell it as fast as you can bring it in.

I know I for one would use it extensively.

Thanks

It comes as no surprise that so far I have received no response. Perhaps if enough of us send the same question they will get the hint that there's a market here and at least provide an excuse why they don't want to do it.

Except for...

Since, to the best of my knowledge, there is not an airport in Washington or Oregon that sells ethanol free 91AKI (min) MOGAS

Lebanon, Oregon (S30) has had it for more than a year 92 oct I believe...

independent
100LL Mogas
SS $5.00 $4.55

My discovery was similar to Scott's (see above): I found a BP station just down the street from the home we just bought in Jacksonville which is selling E0 premium for $4.10/gal using the website referenced above. As Scott mentioned, that's a ~ $2/gal price difference over the 100LL being sold in the Jax area...and not much more than the premium car gas prices at the regular pumps.

Jack

Back