What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9A fatal in Oregon

RScott

Well Known Member
One of our EAA 902 chapter members was killed yesterday when his RV-9A crashed and burned. Our chapter president and a few members had the awful task of assisting with cleaning up the wreckage under FAA supervision and hauling it to the victim's hangar.

A careful reading of the witness' statement suggests he didn't really see it happen so we don't have any witnesses except maybe some drivers who weren't interviewed by the press. So we don't really know what happened at this time.

The victim was 81 years old.

The accident site is about 10 miles ENE of Van's.

The most complete news report is at: http://www.molallapioneer.com/news/....closes.highway.213.north.of.mulino/news.aspx

I may be mistaken, but.....

I think it was DR who deleted the F18 crash post.

[ed: Yes, Mel, you are right (I deleted the F-18 crash post). Folks, please do not post non-RV stuff and honor the posting rules I have laid out. Please! dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
This was just heart breaking for my wife and I. Last weekend was the Mulino Blueberry pancake breakfast. We flew up and happen to pick a table to sit at with this gentleman and his wife. She is quite a lady. She told us how proud she was of her husband. He built his RV9 and then got his pilots license afterwards. He was telling me about the mag problems he had with his plane.

His wife and family are in our prayers.

Steve

Thanks for posting the personal contact Steve

It breaks your heart to read the personal loss in a loving couple. Think hard folks.

Bob Axsom

Back