What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

difference in finishing kit???

titanhank

Well Known Member
i just bought a 7a kit that included the 360 slider finish kit. what is the difference in the 320 slider finish kit. i have found a 320-d1a carb for a great price and was wondering what i would have to swap out with van's if i decide to buy it. the cowling in my kit does have the scoop on the bottom and i do not know which spinner and back plate i have, but they are in the kit. i will be running the sensenisch props.

thanks in advance.

hank

engine mount

Hank,

I'm not 100% sure but I belive the 320 engine mounts are longer for CG purposes. I'm sure you would be able to find someone with a 320 mount that would be willing to swap for a 360 mount.

I personally think the 320 with a sensenich makes for a nice light and simple plane.

Hank,
I think if you get the 320 engine mount, you would need to get a different (extended cowl as well. I also have a 360 finishing kit and still contemplating a O320. However, I am thinking about getting the Hartzell C/S prop which will put another 20-30 pounds on the nose.
Dave

The 320 cowling is different both in length and the air scoop. The O-360 carb is larger and needs a larger scoop. And as said before, the mount itself is different.

Back