What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring passages thru front spar web ?

Grezdlitn

Friend
By the time I put all the required wire runs thru the available grommets in the spar web ( center tunnel ), I don’t have enough room to put my two cables for Infinity stick grips. Has anyone received feedback from Vans on drilling some additional holes thru the spar web ?

Thanks!

That’s exactly the info I needed. I’ve worn the search engines out and this has never come up.

Keep in mind most of the switches on the Infinity are using a ground to tell a relay to do something. A single ground, which can be local, is fine for that purpose. You don't need to run the big blue cable from the Infinity grip through the spar. Both of mine are using a common ground from the FOT with a 15-pin D-Sub connector to allow removal, if needed. Flap relay is located under the seat pan. Trim wires are routed through the spar to my Dynon AP Panel.

I also installed a switch for the CP grip to disable all buttons except PTT.

just me

I used cat7 computer cable for the stick grips. It has 8 signals, is tiny and allowed me to fit thru the existing grommets in my RV9a (same fuselage as the RV7A)

Back