What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Builders/Completed Airplanes near Atlanta?

AtomicZ

I'm New Here
Hello Everyone,

I'm working on finishing up my Private Pilot's License and am determined to build an RV-7 starting in the near future. I normally fly out of KRYY (McCollum) and would love to meet people in the area who would be willing to show me what flying RVs are all about. On the other hand, if you are still building and would be willing to let me come help and learn, I'd like to get in touch with you as well. Feel free to reply here or PM me!

-Zach

We have a RV row up at Cartersville. The back row of hangars on the north end of the field has 5 flying RV's and 2 project RV's. There are also 2 more in the hangar we call the Cartersville Aviation Museum, they rarely fly.

Any Saturday morning you will see a few out.

Welcome Zach

There are piles of RV's around Atlanta and next weekend is the EAA meeting and breakfast in Lawrenceville at the airport...their monthly meeting and program. Usually a big crowd and a bunch of RV's.

Ours is south of Augusta on the second saturday...a lunch.

Covington meets every third saturday and has a few RV's as well.

Check the EAA website for EAA meetings and fly-ins.

Best,

EAA Chapter 690 is the place to be

Like Pierre said. The EAA Chapter 690 pancake breakfast each month (next one is Sep. 3) is just lousy with RV pilots and builders. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least 3 of them. Here is the website: http://www.690.eaachapter.org/. If you are thinking about building the technologically and aesthetically superior RV-8A, you are welcome in my shop any time. I live in Stone Mountain. Feel free to call me at 404-310-5128.

Ciao!

NW side

We have an RV-9 and RV-7 on a private strip about 10 miles from the Cartersville airport. Send me a PM or email if you want to come check them out.

I saw that the local EAA chapter 268 had some RV-7's under their member projects page (http:/a/www.eaa268.org/projects/Projects.html) and I have been hoping to make it to a monthly meeting but have gotten tied up at work or otherwise for the past few months. Thanks all for the numerous quick replies so far!

Falcon Field (FFC) is RV Mecca. We have a large group of flyers, builders, and wannabe's. You can go there on any day of the week and witness RV activity first hand. Most of the action is at the T hangars behind Aircraft Spruce. We also meet every Tues. at 1130 at the Mellow Mushroom pizza place in Peachtree City. We usually end up at the airport after lunch. This would be a great way to meet the guys and see our projects and planes.

Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE
770-685-3240

Superior

Zach, I use to rent from Superior. My brother and I are planning on flying our RV-9A to Superior's 10th Anniversary on Sept. 11. If you are there I'm sure we can arrange a flight. It always amazes me to think Superior opened it's doors on 9/11/2001 at 9:00am and the national airspace was shut down shortly after. Some might have given up.

Speaking of EAA 690, after about three months of having things get in the way of coming to a breakfast, I think I'm actually going to make it out for this one. It'd be particularly nice if there was a -8 out there I could take a really close look at.

:)

Mike Stewart

Mike has his -8 close to the EAA 690 clubhouse and if you arrive early, he may be there before blasting off for parts unknown.

Only thing is, it's a Super -8....IO-540 equipped.

Best,

Falcon Field (FFC) is RV Mecca. We have a large group of flyers, builders, and wannabe's. You can go there on any day of the week and witness RV activity first hand. Most of the action is at the T hangars behind Aircraft Spruce. We also meet every Tues. at 1130 at the Mellow Mushroom pizza place in Peachtree City. We usually end up at the airport after lunch. This would be a great way to meet the guys and see our projects and planes.

I'll definitely try to get down there sometime. Unfortunately, work prevents me from making a Tuesday trip because I'm northwest of Atlanta. I would assume that the weekend has the most activity anyways?

Zach, I use to rent from Superior. My brother and I are planning on flying our RV-9A to Superior's 10th Anniversary on Sept. 11. If you are there I'm sure we can arrange a flight. It always amazes me to think Superior opened it's doors on 9/11/2001 at 9:00am and the national airspace was shut down shortly after. Some might have given up.

I'm planning to be there. I'm the best man in my friend's wedding the day before but I don't see that affecting things. Just might make it so I'm not there right when it starts.

Tell Andy over there I said hello!

Will do!

KRYY RV-7

Zach,

I'm based at KRYY and would be glad to give you a ride in my RV-7. Call me and we can set it up.

Keith
770--265--6447 cell

Back