What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

It's Alive!!!

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
Finally, my panel is lit up. I'm using the Vertical Power Primary Power System that provides power to the VP-X. There were a couple of wiring issues that Chad Jensen helped me work through. After that was done, we got the VP-X configured. Then, hit the switch and powered everything. All smoke stayed in the boxes. At this point, there are only 2 minor issues that I'm sure I will trace back to me:)

The equipment is as follows. 2 AFS 5500T (touch screen) EFIS's, Garmin 750, Garmin SL40, TruTrak Gemini 880, Garmin 330 remote mounted, CO Guardian 455, XM weather and radio, NavWorx ADS-B.

dwwe3r.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Congratulations

Congratulations. Keeping the smoke where it belongs and a beauty of a panel.

The equipment is as follows. 2 AFS 5500T (touch screen) EFIS's, Garmin 750, Garmin SL40, TruTrak Gemini 880, Garmin 330 remote mounted, CO Guardian 455, XM weather and radio, NavWorx ADS-B.

Looks great!

Last edited:
Dahwin, that's awesome!

I will give you a call soon to chat about the PPS. Chadley was here over new years giving me the hard sell!

;) CJ

Nice panel, congratulations!

I remember that first power-up also, that's a big step!

Power

Nice panel, congratulations!

I remember that first power-up also, that's a big step!

The first 7 I built, I was much more anxious than I was with this one. I knew much more this time!!! Each circuit was tested as installed so it was kind of a formality. As I noted, only two minor issues and one has been corrected already.

I forgot to mention in the original post that I used the Approach Systems Wiring hub. This saved quite a bit of wiring hassle.

If doing again however, I'd use a plug and play panel from AFS or Steinair. This would have saved volumes of time.

Darwin,

A few of us might want to borrow that panel for a couple years.... Make sure your sleeping at the airport....

Beautiful Job.... Nice installation.

Smilin' Jack

Back